Candidate Statement of Qualifications
I, NORMA J F HARRISON, hereby declare that I am a candidate for an elective office in the City of Berkeley, and make the following statement:
1. That my name is Norma J F Harrison
2. The office for which I am a candidate is School Board Director
3. That my residence is 1312 Cornell, Berkeley, Ca. 94702
4. The place of my birth is Chicago, Il.
5. My present occupation is Realtor.
6. I have held the following public offices: None
7. Record of community service: Peace and Freedom Party registrant, central committees member, activist. Participant in opposition to the endless attacks by our Owners on populations and Earth. http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=ie7&q=Norma+J+F+Harrison&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7TSHB
8. I am a taxpayer in the City of Berkeley.
9. There needs to be a seat on the school board where we can discuss other than simple maintenance of some accepted (required) status quo. That’s my objective, to enable that discussion. To face capitalism’s procrustean system look at http://www.thebaffler.com/past/adam_wheeler_went_to_harvard/print. And further, look at “A Matter of Degrees,” August Harper’s Magazine. Both cite perversion of the competition system’s requirement of degrees from schools in order to achieve status and the concomitant material benefits, both required for some degree of comfort, and especially security, in capitalism. ...although that security is being taken back with something called erosion of the middle class, so that doctors’, teachers’, the upper echelon of employment’s access to power and comfort is sharply reducing. Too, the putative left turns on upper income, upper strata employees, albeit working class people like us all, our Owners continued success at ‘divide and conquer’. School, like jobs, is uncomfortable at all levels, including having to turn our child over to it so we can get to some location to make money to get along, the job. The discomfort is not unassailable. It is subject to our analysis, unification, and correction. http://normaharrisonforschoolboard.info. Do talk with me to consider the full spectrum of struggle.
10. I refer to the following residents of the City of Berkeley:
Anna Cohen, Activist
J. R. Challacombe
Michael DeLacour, Union Member Boilermakers SEIU
John Murcko, Attorney
Celso Simão, Professor
Rosko Ross, Natural Philosopher
Leeza Vinogradov, Gray Panthers, Code Pink, Activist @ Large
Carol Ruth Denney, Community activist
Jennifer Galanis, Interior Designer
Jeanne Dritz, Member of Gray Panthers
Mel Martynn, teacher
Benji Friedman, Artist
Arnold Passman, Activist
Gray Brechin, Geographer
Mary Ann Uribe, Chair of Peoples Park Forever Committee