Residents who wished to submit a plan for new Berkeley City Council district boundaries obtained a redistricting packet either at the City Clerk Department office for a small charge, or via a free download from this page. The packet was available from January 7 to March 15.
Paper Format (complete packet, including maps and CD): $35
Maps Only (Both Reference Map and Proposal Map included): $20
CD-ROM Only (digital version of entire packet): $5
City Clerk Department
Martin Luther King Jr. Civic Center
2180 Milvia Street, First Floor
Berkeley, California 94704
Open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
**Please note that City of Berkeley offices are closed on some Fridays as a cost-saving measure.**
To download a zip file containing the entire redistricting packet, click here.
To download the individual documents from the packet, click the hyperlinks below:
Introduction letter (.pdf)
Redistricting Process Summary (.pdf)
Table of Contents (.pdf)
Exhibit A: City Manager Staff Report to City Council from November 27, 2012 (.pdf)
Exhibit B: Redistricting Timeline and Schedule of Public Hearings (.pdf)
Exhibit C: Redistricting Guidelines and Plan Submission Requirements (.pdf)
Exhibit D: City Charter and State Redistricting Requirements (.pdf)
Exhibit E: Legal Description of Current District Boundaries (.pdf)
Exhibit F: Redistricting Data (MS Excel file, Worksheets 1 & 2)
- Worksheet 1: District population data by Census tract and block
- Worksheet 2: District population data by Census tract and block, district ethnic breakdown by tract and block, and district over 18 population data by tract and block.
- NOTE: Exhibit F data is adjusted to correct geocoding errors by the Census Bureau.
Exhibit G: Reference Map of the City (.pdf, 34 inches by 44 inches)
- The Reference Map indicates the location of the current district boundaries, the original 1986 boundaries, and population data for every City block.
- The “Reference Map: Online Viewer” is also available on the City’s website at http://gisproxy.ci.berkeley.ca.us/pubgis/redistricting/
Exhibit H: Submittal Form (.pdf, required)
Exhibit I: Tract/Block Worksheet (MS Excel file, required)
Exhibit J: Proposal Map (.pdf, 22 inches by 34 inches, required)
Charges for the paper copies of Exhibits A - F, H, and I are 10 cents per page.
If you have any difficulty with these files or have any questions, please call (510) 981-6900.