RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Monday, November 19, 2007
Maudelle Shirek Building
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
City Council Chambers, Second Floor
Broadcast Live - KPFB - 89.3 (N. Berkeley)
BTV Cable Channel 33
1. Roll Call - 7:00 p.m.
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Forum
4. Approval of the October 15, 2007 Board Meeting minutes .
5. Action Items
a. From Boardmembers, Committees and Executive Director
(1) Proposed resolution clarifying policy on cash-in-lieu payments. (Executive Director) [PDF file, requiresAdobe Acrobat Reader] Approved Resolution 07-18 ( modified at meeting)
(2) Proposal to approve staff recommendation on the following requests for waiver of late registration penalties. (Executive Director)
90-Day Administrative Waivers (Informational Only)
The Board will be presented the list of 198 properties totaling $97,832 in penalties that have been administratively waived in accordance with Regulation 883.
Waiver No. Property Address
3508 2441-2445 - 10th Street
3509 1035 Cedar Street
3514 1800 Cedar Street
3519 1243-1245 Allston Way/2144-2146 Bonar Street
3520 2598 College Avenue
3521 1269 Alcatraz Avenue
3522 2357 Woolsey Street
Waiver No. Property Address
3506 2435 Hilgard Avenue
3511 1200 Neilson Street
3512 1716 Francisco Street
3513 1535 Shattuck Avenue
3515 2518 Etna Street
3517 1946 San Pablo Avenue
3518 1917 Delaware Street
3523 838-840 Bancroft Way/2300 - 7th Street
3526 1919-1921 Cedar Street
3532 1704 - 63rd Street
6. Information and Announcements
Please Note: The Board may move Information Items to
the Action Calendar.
a. Reports and announcements from Board Members/Staff.
(1) Update on proposed changes to the Ellis Implementation Ordinance. (Executive Director) (To be delivered.)
(2) Update on proposed changes to the Condominium Conversion Ordinance. [LARGE PDF file, 72 pages, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.] (Ad Hoc Committee on Condo Conversion Ordinance)
(3) Update on new phone system. (Executive Director)
(4) RTS computer upgrade project. (Commissioner Chong/Executive Director)
(5) Landlord/Tenant counseling in the library. (Executive Director)
(6) Market Median Rent for the period January 1999 through September 2007. (Executive Director) [PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.]
(7) Copies of recent mailings to all owners and tenants concerning the 2008 Annual General Adjustment and interest rate for refunding interest on security deposits held. (Executive Director) [Links to the 2008 AGA web page which has links to the mailing materials.]
b. Announcements of upcoming Committee/Board Meetings.
(1) Budget and Personnel
(4) Eviction/Section 8
(5) Ad Hoc Committee on Condominium Conversion Ordinance
(6) 4x4 City Council/RSB Housing Committee
(7) Ad Hoc Committee of Soft Story
(8) Future Special Meetings
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda.