Berkeley Day Camp
Online Registration opens February 15, 2017 at 9:00am!
For 2017, Berkeley Day Camp will offer nine (9) week-long summer sessions June-August! Campers age 5 (must have completed Kindergarten) to 13 and parents alike are sure to enjoy all the fun and excitement Berkeley Day Camp has to offer! Each day starts with supervised round-trip bus transportation from four different bus stop locations around Berkeley, making pick-up and drop off a breeze. Each week of Day Camp is unique, and campers will enjoy hiking adventures to Tilden Park, exploration of the Berkeley Marina, trek out on unique field trips, or visit swim spots like Lake Anza and Crown Beach. Our program is steeped with traditional outdoor activities, cook-outs, games, songs, and cookouts, and campers will enjoy all the fun of a Berkeley Camp program close to home. Each day will be full of arts and crafts, interactive games, canoeing, hiking, special events, and more!
Berkeley Day Camp | AGES 5-13
Information about Berkeley Day Camp and the Day Camp Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Program is listed below. If you would like additional information, please contact the Berkeley Recreation office by calling (510) 981-5140 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Summer 2017 Bus Stop Locations
- Cedar Rose Park: On Cedar Street between Juanita Way and Chestnut Street.
- Washington Elementary: Corner of McKinley Avenue and Bancroft Way, near Washington Elementary School.
- Willard Park: Corner of Hillegass Avenue and Derby Street.
- Clubhouse: Extended AM and Extended PM Campers only. Willard Clubhouse 2720 Hillegass Ave.
What is Berkeley Day Camp all about?
For a complete program description, including session dates, a typical daily schedule, important bus stop information, and a packing list, check out our Parent Packet
Berkeley Day Camp is a fun, engaging, and exciting experience for children ages 5-13. Generations of Berkeley children have attended our programs, and many former campers are now part of our awesome team of staff - providing a safe environment for children to spend their summer days at play, making friends, and exploring some of the greatest resources and outdoor spaces the City of Berkeley has to offer - the Berkeley Marina and Tilden Regional Park.
Our program is one of the best traditional outdoor Day Camp programs in the East Bay - and our campers will truly spend time out of doors! We believe strongly in the power of spending time in nature. At the beginning of each week, campers are grouped based on age and placed in a trail group led by a team of Day Camp Staff. During a typical week at Day Camp, campers will spend two days in Tilden Regional Park, where they will hike well-marked trails, swim, play games, and even hug a tree or two, and two days at the Berkeley Marina, where they will explore shoreline habitats, canoe, play at the acclaimed Adventure Playground, and go on special adventures. In addition to these great locations, our Day Camp program takes special field trips (Angel Island) and every Friday campers will have a 'Swim Day', visiting either Lake Anza in Tilden Park or Crown Beach in Alameda. AM and PM Extended Care programs are available!
How Do I Enroll?
Online registration is available here: Online Registration opens February 15, 2017 at 9:00am!
Follow these steps to register your camper:
- In the 'Search' field, type "Berkeley Day Camp". Click Search.
- The 'Berkeley Day Camp' parent activity will appear.Under the 'Action' field, click the blue "More" button to reveal each particular Day Camp program (e.g., AM Care, PM Care, Core Sessions, CIT Program).
- Continue to click the "More" button on your desired program until the "Enroll" button appears.
- Click "Enroll" to begin the registration process.
Rather register in person? We have hard-copy paper registration forms available in our offices, or to download here: Paper registration forms will be available February 15, 2017
What Sets the Berkeley Day Camp Program Apart?
Our traditional outdoor program, and supervised round-trip transportation make our program one of the best values in the Bay! Berkeley Day Camp provides supervised transportation to and from five different bus stop locations and program sites around Berkeley for campers and C.I.Ts. Parents must be at the bus stop at 9:00 am to sign-in children and 3:15-3:30 to pick up children.
AM and PM Extended Care is available at our Willard Park Clubhouse, located at 2720 Hillegass Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705. Extended Care is an affordable alternative for parents who might be unavailable during our regularly scheduled bus stop hours. Campers will enjoy supervised games, arts and crafts, and snacks during this time. Extended Care hours are 7:30-9:00 AM & 3:30-6:00 PM.
Most importantly, our seasoned Day Camp staff are the heart of our program. This group of Recreation professionals led by Tabatha Schoonover, Assistant Recreation Coordinator with the City of Berkeley, are not only great with kids - providing a fun, entertaining, and educational environments for campers to grow and learn - they look great in their traditional hot-pink Day Camp t-shirts (and Tie-Dye) too! Since many of our staff grew up attending Berkeley Day Camp, they understand how important and how fun those summer days can be, and will be there to guide campers every step of the way. From our youngest campers, age 5 (must have completed Kindergarten to attend) to our teenagers (new this year, 13 yr. old campers can attend our Day Camp program), our staff are committed to providing a memorable experience for all ages.
Scholarships are available for Berkeley residents. Scholarships may be used for one Berkeley Day Camp session per summer per child. Applications are available by clicking on the link above or may be picked up at the Recreation Administration Office located at:
Berkeley, CA 94705
- All requests for refunds must be directed to the Recreation & Youth Services Manager, Recreation Division, 2701 Telegraph Ave. Berkeley, CA 94705.
- The original receipt must be submitted with a written request for a refund.
- The request must state the reason for the refund request, the date, time, and location of the program.
- The Recreation and Youth Services Manager will render a decision to either: 1) refund the fee; 2) pro-rate the fee; 3) apply the fees to another session or program; or 4) deny the request.
- For cancellations, refund requests must be received no less than 30 days before scheduled camp arrival date. No refunds will be provided if cancellation is made less than 30 days before camp arrival date.
- A 25% administration fee not to exceed $150 will apply to cancellations.
2701 Telegraph Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705 (510) 981-5144