RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Berkeley Rent Board Law Library
2001 Center Street, 2nd Floor
Berkeley, CA 94704
This meeting will not be broadcast
Teleconference location – 221 Conover Street, Apt. 2-R, Brooklyn, NY 11231
This meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Brown Act, CA Government Code Section 54953(b)(2), and Teleconferencing. Any member of the public may attend this meeting at either location. Questions regarding this matter may be addressed to Jay Kelekian, Executive Director and Secretary to the Board, (510) 981-7368.
Many of the links below lead to PDF files that require Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your PC. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your PC download Acrobat Reader for free.
If you are unable to access this information online, please participate by contacting us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone (510) 981-7368 (981-RENT), or TDD (510) 981-6903.
1. Roll call – 6:00 p.m.
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Forum
4. Action Items
a. From Board Members, Executive Director and Committees
(1) Recommendation to adopt a resolution authorizing the Executive Director to execute a contract with Software AG to replace and upgrade the majority of the Rent Board’s existing 17-year-old Rent Tracking System database (RTS) (Executive Director)
Staff Report - June 15, 2011 - Recommendation to adopt resolution authorizing the Executive Director to execute a contract with Software AG to replace and upgrade our existing l7-year-old Rent Tracking System (RTS) database
Attachment 1 - Darft Business Analysis
Attachment 2 - 2/19/2009 Staff Report
Attachment 3 - Software AG Proposal
Attachment 4 - June 29, 2009 Memorandum from Keith Skinner - Software AG Proposal and Next Steps
Attachment 5 - Software Requirement Specification, New Rent Board System - Phase I - Draft # 1
Attachment 6 - February 23, 2011 Memorandum from Jay Kelekian and Keith Skinner - Rent Stabilization Board Automation Project
Attachment 7 - Council Item, February 15, 2011 Consent Calendar - Contract No. 7489 Amendment: Software AG for WebMethods Enterpise Service Bus ("Middleware")
(2) Recommendation to adopt resolutions authorizing the Executive Director to execute contracts with the East Bay Community Law Center and the Eviction Defense Center for the 2011/2012 Fiscal Year in an amount not to exceed $112,000 for each agency (Executive Director)
(3) Recommendation to adopt a resolution authorizing the Executive Director to execute a contract with Christine Minnehan & Associates for legislative advocacy, in the 2011/2012 Fiscal Year in an amount not to exceed $45,000 plus $1,000 for reimbursement of out-of-pocket travel expenses when on Board business (Executive Director)
5. Information and Announcements
Please Note: The Board may move Information Items to the Action Calendar.
a. Reports from Board Members/Staff
(1) June 6, 2011 e-mail communication from Commissioner Dodsworth regarding proposed contract with Software AG (Executive Director)
COMMUNICATION ACCESS INFORMATION:
This meeting is being held in a wheelchair-accessible location. To request disability-related accommodation(s) to participate in the meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact Aimee Mueller at 981-4932 or 981-6903 (TDD) at least three business days before
the meeting date.
Please refrain from wearing scented products to this meeting.