Programs Topic Listing
Aquatics Programs -
The City of Berkeley Aquatics Swim Program offers two swim centers in different areas of the city. Programs include Red Cross Learn to Swim classes, Berkeley Aquatic Masters Swim Team, Berkeley Barracudas Swim Team, Family Swim, Fitness Workout, Independent Exercise, Lap Swim, Senior Disabled Quiet Swim, Senior Exercise Class and Private Lessons. Much of the foregoing information is included for your convenience in the information noted below.
Exact cash or check only; no change is given.
Payment policy: The pools do not make or give change. Please pay exact admission fee using cash or check made payable to City of Berkeley. We do not accept credit or debit cards.Thank you.
City of Berkeley Parks Rec & Waterfront Business Practices
Shower policy: Due to extreme drought, showers are strictly limited to 3 minutes or less. Thanks for your cooperation!
Registration:For online registration, click on link Online Registration
- Private lessons last day is Saturday November 19th. They will re-start in spring 2017.
- King Pool will be closed Saturday December 24th 2016 through Monday January 2nd 2017.* *The only exception is that King Pool will be open on Sunday January 1st 2017 for the special event Swim Into the New Year. There will be a workout for BAM and Barracudas from 8:30 to 10:30 am and Lap / Family Swim from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm. Cost is $7.00 exact cash or check for all participants, and no swim cards will be accepted.
- Shower Program will be closed for Xmas Holiday Sunday December 25th and Monday December 26th, and for New Year's Holiday on Sunday Jan 1st and Monday January 2nd.
- A Lifeguarding class is being offered from December 11 through December 17. Minimum age is 15 years old. Please see flyer listed under King pool grid below.
- The correct time for Family Swim on Saturdays is 12:00-1:30 pm, and Saturday Lap Swim 11:00-11:30 am is limited lanes. We regret any confusion the incorrect schedule may have caused..
- CPO Class Dates 2016
King Pool & Shower Program:
More information below, including Shower Program:
1700 Hopkins Street
Berkeley, CA 94707
(510) 981-5105 / 981-5151
West Campus Pool
2100 Browning Street
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510) 981-5125 / 981-5123
We accept exact change and checks as payment at the Pools. Credit cards are ONLY accepted at the Willard Recreation Customer Service Hub located at 2701 Telegraph Ave.
Scholarships are available provided applicant meets eligibility and verification requirements. You must submit an application and documentation at the time of registration. Scholarship applications can be obtained at any of the Community Centers or at Recreation Administration, and on the website.
All requests for refunds must be directed to the Recreation & Youth Services Manager, Recreation Division, 2701 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94705. The original receipt must be submitted with a written request for a refund. The request must state the reason for the refund, and the date, time and location of the program. The Recreation and Youth Services Manager will render a decision to either: 1) refund the fee; 2) pro-rate the fee; 3) apply the fees to another session or program; or 4) deny the request.
No refunds or credit will be granted without 7 days notice prior to start of class or date of reservation. The City will deduct 25% of the amount paid from the refund to cover administration expenses or will add a minimum $10.00 service charge.
Skate Park -
Skate Park Programs
The Berkeley Skate Park, located at Harrison Park, an 18,000 square foot park that contains a large oval bowl and, fun box and areas for beginners. This site will provide you with program, special event, and rental information. Use of the park is free. Helmets required. Pads are recommended. No bikes allowed. The Skate Park will be closed during clinics, events and rainy weather. All classes cancelled during rain.
Sports Programs -
Therapeutic Recreation - [more...]