The City of Berkeley Aquatics Swim Program offers two swim centers in different areas of the city. Programs include Red Cross Learn to Swim classes, Berkeley Aquatic Masters Swim Team, Berkeley Barracudas Swim Team, Family Swim, Fitness Workout, Independent Exercise, Lap Swim, Senior Disabled Quiet Swim, Senior Exercise Class and Private Lessons. Much of the foregoing information is included for your convenience in the information noted below.
Exact cash or check only; no change is given.
Payment policy: The pools do not make or give change. Please pay exact admission fee using cash or check made payable to City of Berkeley. We do not accept credit or debit cards.Thank you.
City of Berkeley Parks Rec & Waterfront Business Practices
Shower policy: In order to conserve water, please limit your shower to 5 minutes or less. Thanks for your cooperation!
Registration:For online registration, click on link Online Registration
- The date of the Junior Lifeguard Pre-course swim test has changed to Friday June 23, 2017 at 10:00am at West Campus Pool. We regret any inconvenience that this may have caused. For more information, click on Junior Lifeguard Camp link under West Campus below.
- Online registration for Summer Learn to Swim lessons are now available. You can sign up online or in person at King Pool on the following days and times*: Tuesdays through Fridays, 5:30 - 7:00 pm and Saturdays from 10:00 am - 1:30pm. *If you are signing up a group of 10 or more, you must submit a Group Lesson Request Form as per below.
- King Pool will change to a late spring schedule starting Monday May 8. For more information, click on the King Late Spring 2017 V3 link in the King Pool section below.
- West Campus will reopen on Monday May 8. For more information, click on the West Campus Spring 2017 link in the West Campus section below
- The 10th Annual Kid's Triathlon will be held at King Pool on Saturday May 13. King Pool will be closed for all other programs on this date. Register online or at King Pool; the deadline is Saturday May 2. For more information and to download the registration form, please click on the Kid's Triathlon link under the "MISC-Special Events" section below.
- Swim lesson requests for groups of 10 or greater are now being accepted for King and West Campus Pools. The Group Lesson Request Form can be downloaded from the King and West Campus Pools sections below. Completed request forms can be submitted to King Pool, attention Audrey Cazden, through May 20. (West Campus Group Lesson Request Forms can be submitted to West Campus after it re-opens on Monday May 8th.) After this date, you will be notified of your approved lesson time, and you can complete the registration process. Payment and registration forms for each child must be received no later than June 5. Questions? Contact Audrey Cazden at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 981-5151.
- Online registration for Spring Learn to Swim classes is now available. You can register online or at King Pool on the following days and times: Saturday, 10:00 am - 1:30 pm and Tuesday through Friday, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm. For more information, click on the King Spring Lessons 2017 link in the King Pool section below.
Registration for Spring private lessons occur in person at King Pool. The first day of registration will be held on Saturday, March 25th,10:00 am - 1:30 pm. After this date, registration will be held on Saturdays, 10:00 am - 1:30 pm and Tuesday through Fridays, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm. Private lessons will begin on Saturday, April 1st and go through Sunday, June 11th. (Please note: Due to the Kid's Triathlon, there will be no private lessons on Saturday, May 13th.) Lesson start times are: 10:00 am, 10:30 am, 11:00 am and 11:30 am. Each lesson last for 25 minutes. For more information, click on the King Private Lessons Spring 2017 link in the King Pool section below.
King Pool & Shower Program:
More information below, including Shower Program: