Translation Disclaimer

Toxics Management Division
Toxics Management Division

Environmental Programs Topic Listing

 What is a CUPA? - Senate Bill 1082, passed in 1993, created the Unified Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Materials Management Regulatory Program (Unified Program), which requires the administrative consolidation of six hazardous materials and waste programs under one agency, a Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA).  The intent has been to simplify the hazardous materials regulatory environment and provide a single point of contact for businesses to address inspection, permitting, billing, and enforcement issues. [more...]

 Cleanup Program - The City of Berkeley, Toxics Management Division (TMD) has discontinued oversight of soil and groundwater cleanup cases effective July 1, 2013; however, TMD continues to permit underground storage tank removals and environmental drilling.  [more...]

 Environmental Management Area - Many areas in the City of Berkeley are known or suspected to have groundwater contamination.  These areas are known as Environmental Management Areas (EMA).  You can obtain a copy of the EMA map at the Permit Service Center or click here for a copy. [more...]

 Berkeley, Alameda County, and Bay Area Environmental Programs - The following list contains contact information for the various environmental programs within Berkeley, Alameda County, and the Bay Area. [more...]

Home | Web Policy | Text-Only Site Map | Contact Us
Toxics Management Division, 2120 Milvia Street 3rd Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704
Questions or comments? Email: Phone: (510) 981-7460
(510) 981-CITY/2489 or 311 from any landline in Berkeley
TTY: (510) 981-6903