RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Monday, October 15, 2007
Maudelle Shirek Building
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
City Council Chambers, Second Floor
Broadcast Live - KPFB - 89.3 (N. Berkeley)
BTV Cable Channel 33
1. Roll Call - 7:00 p.m.
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Forum
4. Comments from Chair and Board Members.
5. Approval of the September 17, 2007 Board Meeting minutes .
6. Appeal Time Certain - 7:15 p.m.
Appeal T-4849/RWN-1448, 2086 Allston Way, #307. (Appeal withdrawn.)
7. Action Items
a. From Boardmembers, Committees and Executive Director
(1) Possible changes to the Condominium Conversion Ordinance. (Ad Hoc Committee on Condo Conversion Ordinance) [Large file: 44 pages, 3470 KB PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.]
(2) Adoption of the 2008 Annual General Adjustment (AGA) Order, Regulation 1129. (Executive Director) [PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.]
(3)Proposal to adopt a resolution to recommend that the City Council increase Ellis relocation benefits provided under BMC Chapter 13.77. (Eviction/Section 8 Committee) [PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader . File amended on October 17, 2007 to include Eviction/Section 8 Committee Recommendation.]
(4) Proposal to approve staff recommendation on the following requests for waiver of late registration penalties. (Executive Director)
Waiver No. Property Address
3486 3042 Wheeler Street
3487 2720 California Street
3488 1818 Alcatraz Avenue
Waiver No. Property Address
3504 2223-2225 8th Street
8. Information and Announcements
Please Note: The Board may move Information Items to the
a. Reports and announcements from Board Members/Staff.
(1) October 1, 2007 letter to Board Chair Arreguin from Commissioner Kavanagh. (Chair Arreguin) [PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.]
(2) Press release regarding Commissioner Kavanagh. (Chair Arreguin)
(3) Memorandum from the City Manager announcing appointment of a new Deputy City Manager, Christine Daniel. (Executive Director)
(4) Update on new phone system. (Executive Director)
(5) Staff and Board participation at How Berkeley Can You Be on September 30. (Board members)
(6) Update on Jarvis bill. (Executive Director)
(7) Berkeley Housing Authority updated Administrative Plan. (Executive Director)
(8) Recent article on lack of affordable housing. (Commissioner Overman)
b. Announcements of upcoming Committee/Board Meetings.
(1) Budget and Personnel
(3) IRA/AGA/Habitability - Next meeting
a. Minutes of September 24th meeting.
(4) Eviction/Section 8
a. Minutes of October 1st meeting.
b. Agenda of October 15th meeting.
(5) Ad Hoc Committee on Condominium Conversion Ordinance
a. Agenda of October 2nd meeting.
b. Agenda of October 10th meeting.
(6) 4x4 City Council/RSB Housing Committee
(7) Ad Hoc Committee on Soft Story
(8) Future Special Meetings
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda.