a. Reports and announcements from Board Members/Staff.
(1) Update on proposed changes to the Ellis Implementation Ordinance. (Executive Director)
(2) Update on proposed changes to the Condominium Conversion Ordinance. (Ad Hoc Committee on Condo Conversion Ordinance)
(3) Update on new phone system. (Executive Director)
(4) Update on Landlord/Tenant counseling in the library. (Executive Director).
(5) Report on Market Medians: January 1999 through December 2007 (Executive Director)
(6) City of Berkeley 2008 Holiday and Reduced Service Days Schedule. (Executive Director)
(7) Participation in Berkeley Smokefree Multi-Unit Housing Advisory Group. (Executive Director)
(8) January 18, 2008, Daily Planet commentary by Randy Shaw: Zoning Board Must Protect Rent-Controlled Housing. (Executive Director)
(9) January 18, 2008, SF Chronicle business article: Bay Area Rents jump by 9.4% in last year. (Executive Director)
(10) October 2007, California Budget Project publication on Making Ends Meet: How Much Does it Cost to Raise a Family in California? (Executive Director)
(11) January 2, 2008, East Bay Express article: The Forgotten Victims Tenants of foreclosed properties can face intimidation, bribes, and jacked-up rent to force relocation. (Executive Director)
(12) November 1, 2007, Beyond Chron article by Randy Shaw: Opposition Grows to June Initiative Banning Rent Control. (Executive Director)
(13) City of Berkeley new website launch. (Executive Director)
(1) Budget and Personnel
(3) IRA/AGA/Habitability - Next meeting Monday, January 28th at 4PM.
a. Approved minutes of September 24th meeting.
b. Approved minutes of December 3rd meeting.
c. Approved minutes of December 10th meeting
d. Unapproved minutes of January 14th meeting.
(4) Eviction/Section 8
(5) Ad Hoc Committee on Condominium Conversion Ordinance
(6) 4x4 City Council/RSB Housing Committee
(7) Ad Hoc Committee of Soft Story
(8) Future Special Meetings
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda.