RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Monday, November 20, 2006
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
City Council Chambers
Broadcast Live - KPFB - 89.3 (N. Berkeley)
BTV Cable Channel 33
1. Roll Call - 7:00 p.m.
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Forum
4. Approval of the October 16, 2006 regular meeting minutes.
5. Action Items
a. From Executive Director
(1) Proposal that the Board adopt a resolution authorizing the Executive Director to increase the Fiscal Year 2006/2007 purchase order with Volt Temporary Agency Services to an amount not to exceed $30,000. [PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.]
(2) Proposal to approve staff recommendation on the following requests for waiver of late registration penalties.
90-Day Administrative Waivers (Informational Only)
The Board will be presented the list of 279 properties totaling $164,055.00 in penalties that have been administratively waived in accordance with Regulation 883.
Waiver No. Property Address
3393 2144 & 2148 Curtis Street
3398 2001-2007 Milvia Street
3403 1155 Francisco Street
3406 3008 Mabel Street
3417 1180 University Avenue
Waiver No. Property Address
3366 1101 Euclid Avenue
3369 1348-1350 Rose Street
3382 1302 Bancroft Way
3383 3018/3020 Shattuck Avenue
3384 1822 Chestnut Street
3385 1742 Cedar Street
3386 1817 Delaware Street
3387 1934 Hearst Avenue
3388 2224 Jefferson Avenue
3389 2100 California Street
3390 1728 Curtis Street
3391 3111 Harper Street
3392 2252 Parker Street
3397 1225 Bonita Avenue
3399 1737 Virginia Street
3400 2204 Channing Way
3401 2201 Channing Way
3405 1314 Ashby Avenue
3415 1522 Grant Street
3416 1611 San Pablo Avenue
(3) Staff and Commissioners pay tribute to Commissioners leaving office.
(a) Proposal that the Board pass a resolution in appreciation of Selma Spector's eight years of outstanding service as a Rent Board Commissioner.
(b) Proposal that the Board pass a resolution in appreciation of Pinkie Payne's four years of outstanding service as a Rent Board Commissioner.
(c) Proposal that the Board pass a resolution in appreciation of Bob Evans four years of outstanding service as a Rent Board Commissioner.
(d) Comments from the public, staff and Commissioners.
6. Information and Announcements
Please Note: The Board may move Information
Items to the Action Calendar.
a. Reports from Board Members/Staff.
(1) Year-end Budget Report for Fiscal Year 2006.
(2) Copies of recent mailings to all owners and tenants concerning the 2007 AGA and interest rate for refunding interest on security deposits held. (Executive Director)
(3) Market Median Rent for the period January 1999 through September 2006 [PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader]
(4) Recent additions at the Rent Board and completion of interviews for promotional opportunities.
(5) Uncertified election results
b. Announcements of upcoming Committee/Board Meetings.
(1) Budget and Personnel
a. Minutes of October 16, 2006 meeting.
(5) 4x4 City Council/RSB Housing Committee
(6) Ad Hoc Committee on Condominium Conversion Ordinance
(7) Future Special Meetings
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda.