2180 Milvia Street, 1st Floor
Berkeley, CA 94704
Phone: (510) 981- 4970
Fax: (510) 981-4975
TDD: (510) 981-6903
First Source (B.M.C.13.26) promotes the hiring of local jobseekers on local and publicly funded construction projects, in addition to non-construction jobs that are created after construction is complete.
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Contact the First Source office to obtain a First Source Agreement along with construction job order forms
- Submit your job order form via fax to the First Source office; staff will refer potential applicants and/or work with local employment and training programs to ensure that local residents have the opportunity to apply for jobs on your project.
- You have the flexibility to hire Berkeley residents through your union hall or other outreach methods that work best for your company.
Click here for the Job Order form. (PDF)
- Sign up at the North Citites One Stop Career Center and/or other local employment and training programs (see the list below under Education, Emploment Resouces, and Training in the Community)
- First Source staff will notify the local emploment and programs when construction jobs are available due to signed First Source Agreements
- Local programs will work directly with employers for non-construction jobs that result from the First Source Agreements.
Workforce and Leadership Programs in Berkeley
For more information please contact Delfina Geiken, Employment Program Administrator, at (510) 981-7551.