1. Roll Call - 7:00 PM
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Forum
4. Approval of the Minutes
5. Appeal Time Certain - 7:15 p.m.
a. Appeal T-4584; 1521 Ashby Ave. #C. This is a tenant appeal of a hearing examiner's finding that the tenant failed to prove that the landlord was primarily responsible for a prolonged gas shut off. On appeal, the tenant claims the hearing examiner was prejudiced. However, the evidence cited by the tenant does not support this claim and a review of the record establishes that the decision of the hearing examiner is supported by substantial evidence. For this reason, it is recommended that the decision of the hearing examiner be affirmed.
6. Action Items
7. Information and Announcements
Please Note: The Board may move Information Items to the Action Calendar.
a. Reports and information from Board Members/staff.
(1) Background on City of Berkeley's: Inclusionary Ordinance, Density Bonuses for Inclusionary Housing, Condominium Conversion Regulations, and Tenancy in Common (TIC) Regulations and potential revisions. (Executive Director)
(2) Letter from City Manager, Phil Kamlarz, regarding imminently hazardous buildings at 2020 - 2040 and 2050, A-F, Third Street and 651 A-N Addison Street. (Executive Director)
(3) Tenants Rights Week. (Outreach Committee/Executive Director)
(4) UC student dorm presentation. (Executive Director)
(5) Soft story update. (Executive Director)
b. Committee meeting announcements and reports. (Committee meetings will be held at the Rent Board Offices located at 2001 Center Street, 2nd Floor, Law Library unless otherwise noted.)
a. Unapproved minutes of February 17th meeting.
(3) Eviction - Next meeting: Monday, April 11th at 5:30 p.m.
a. Approved minutes of March 14th meeting.
b. Unapproved minutes of March 21st meeting.
(4) IRA/AGA - Next meeting: Monday, May 9th at 6 p.m.
a. Unapproved minutes of March 21st meeting.
(5) 4 x 4
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda material.