RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Monday, May 2, 2005
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Council Chambers, Berkeley, CA.
Broadcast Live - KPFB - 89.3 FM
BTV Cable Channel 33
1. Roll Call - 7:00 PM
2. Approval of the Agenda.
3. Public Forum.
4. Approval of the Minutes of the April 18, 2005 regular meeting.
5. Public Hearing on the annual registration fee and adoption of the Fiscal Year 2005/2006 Budget. 7:15PM
a. Public testimony on the annual registration fee and 2005/2006 budget.
b. Discussion and recommendation of the Fiscal Year 2005/2006 budget, staffing model and annual registration fee. (Executive Director and Budget and Personnel Committee Members.)
c. Comments and questions from Board members.
d. Discussion and adoption of a Resolution setting Fiscal Year 2005/2006 budget guidelines and establishing the annual registration fee. (Executive Director and Budget & Personnel Committee Members)
6. Action Items
a. From Board Members, Committees and the Executive Director.
(1) That the Board adopt a resolution interpreting the Rent Ordinance to hold that the post-1996 construction of a second unit on a tax parcel with a single unit will not cause the existing single unit to lose its exemption from the Rent Ordinance. (Executive Director) (Brought back from April 18, 2005 meeting.) [PDF file requires Adobe Acrobat Reader ]
(2) Discussion and possible action on the situation at 651 Addison Street (The Drayage Building), including options to support the tenants facing eviction. (Commissioner Kavanagh). [PDF file requires Adobe Acrobat Reader ]
7. Information and Announcements
Please Note: The Board may move Information Items to the
a. Reports from Board Members/Staff.
(1) Setting a Summer recess (Executive Director)
(2) TIC/Condo Ordinance update. (Executive Director)
(3) Market Medians: January 1999 through March 2005 (Executive Director) [PDF file requires Adobe Acrobat Reader ]
(4) Fiscal Year 2005 ¾ - Year Budget Update. (Corrected copy) (Executive Director)
b. Announcements of upcoming Committee Meetings:
(1) Budget and Personnel.
a. Unapproved minutes of April 22nd meeting.
(2) Outreach: Next meeting:
a. Agendas of April 28th meeting.
(4) IRA/AGA: Next meeting: Monday, May 9th at 6 p.m.
(5) 4 x 4 Joint Committee on Housing
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda material.