RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Thursday, September 8, 2005
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Council Chambers, Berkeley, CA.
Broadcast Live - KPFB - 89.3 FM
BTV Cable Channel 33
1. Roll Call - Closed Session: 6:30 Regular Meeting: 7:00 p.m.
2. Closed Session - 6:30 p.m.
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - Existing Litigation (Subdivision (a) of Section 54956.9 of the Government Code)
Smith v. City of Berkeley Rent Stabilization Board (Wike-Brown)
Alameda County Superior Court No. RG05208460
3. Approval of Agenda
4. Public Forum
5. Approval of the August 29, 2005 regular meeting minutes.
6. Action Items
a. From Board Members, Executive Director and Committees
(1) Second reading of proposed amendments to Regulation 1380 to conform length of good faith owner-occupancy requirement with Berkeley Municipal Code Section 13.76.130.A.9 and to clarify that a landlord's failure to offer an available non-comparable unit to a tenant being evicted for owner or relative occupancy constitutes a defense to the eviction [PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader] (Eviction Committee)
(2) Discussion and possible action on changes to the TIC/Condo Conversion Ordinance. (Eviction Committee)
(3) Discussion and possible action on proposed Soft Story Ordinance. [PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader]
7. Information and Announcements
Please Note: The Board may move Information Items to the Action Calendar.
a. Reports from Board Members/Staff.
(1) Update on Drayage Building situation. (Executive Director)
b. Announcements of upcoming Committee Meetings:
(1) Budget and Personnel
a. Agenda of September 7th meeting
a. Agenda of September 6th meeting
(5) 4x4 City Council/RSB Housing Committee
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda.