RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Monday, December 5, 2005
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Council Chambers, Berkeley, CA.
Broadcast Live - KPFB - 89.3 FM
BTV Cable Channel 33
1. Roll Call - 7:00 p.m.
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Special Order of Business
a. Election of Chairperson: Executive Director conducts election for Chair.
b. Election of Vice Chairperson: Newly elected Chair conducts election for Vice-Chair.
c. Comments by new Chair, Vice-Chair
4. Public Forum
5. Approval of the November 21, 2005 regular meeting minutes.
6. Action Items
a. From Board Members, Executive Director and Committees
(1) Proposal that the Board authorize the Executive Director to arrange, through the City's Information Technology Department, web casting for all future Rent Board regular meetings. (Executive Director) [PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.]
(2) Approval of the 2006 Calendar Year Rent Stabilization Board regular meeting schedule. (Executive Director) [PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.]
(3) Proposal to approve staff recommendation on the following requests for waiver of late registration penalties. (Executive Director)
Waiver No. Property Address
3276 2531 Ridge Road (continued from November 21st meeting.)
7. Information and Announcements
Please Note: The Board may move Information Items to the Action Calendar.
a. Reports from Board Members/Staff.
(1) Update on proposed changes to the Ellis Implementation Ordinance. (Executive Director)
(2) First Quarter Budget update. (Executive Director)
(3) Market Median Rent for the period January 1999 through September 2005 (corrected) [PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.]
b. Announcements of upcoming Committee Meetings:
(1) Budget and Personnel
(5) 4x4 City Council/RSB Housing Committee
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda.
(1) Authorization to contract to purchase a new phone system