RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Monday, June 2, 2003
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Council Chambers, Berkeley, CA.
Broadcast Live - KPFB - 89.3 FM
BTV Cable Channel 25 and
CTV Cable Channel 78
1. Roll Call - 7:00 p.m.
2. Approval of the Agenda
3. Public Forum
4. Approval of the Minutes - Minutes of May 22, 2003 regular meeting.
5. Appeals - Time Certain - 7:30 PM
Appeal T- 4215 - 1647 Harmon Street, #1 - Continued to July 7 regular Board meeting.
6. Action Items
a. From Executive Director
(1) First reading on proposal that the Board amend regulations 883, 884 and 885, which guide the penalty waiver process. [PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.]
(2) Clarification of Board's intent and request for reconsideration of Waiver 3014 - location 1234 & 1245 Allston Way/2144 & 2146 Bonar Street.
7. Information and Announcements
Please Note: The Board may move Information Items to the Action Calendar.
a. Reports from Board Members/Staff.
(1) Measure Y Tracking Report [PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.]
(2) Market Median Rents: January 1999 - March 2003 [PDF file, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.]
(3) 2003/2004 Registration Mailing
(4) Recent improvements in making Rent Stabilization Board services available to the disabled community.
b. Announcements of upcoming Committee Meetings:
(1) Budget and Personnel - Thursday, June 5 at 5:30 p.m.
(3) IRA/AGA - Tuesday, June 11 at 5:30 p.m.
(4) Eviction - Monday, June 2 at 6 p.m. Meeting held at City Council Chambers at 2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, 2nd Floor.
(5) 3x3 City Council/RSB Housing Committee
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda material.