RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Monday, January 7, 2002
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Council Chambers, Berkeley, CA.
Broadcast Live - KPFB - 89.3
C-TV Cable Channel 78
1. Roll Call - 7:00PM
2. Approval of the Agenda
3. Public Forum
4. Public Hearing to determine the fee to be collected from owners who remove property from the rental housing market under the Ellis Act (Gov't Code §7060 et seq.) 7:15PM
a. Staff presentation and update.
b. Testimony from members of public.
c. Comments from Board Members and questions to staff.
d. Adoption of resolution to establish fee.
5. Special Year-End Report by Tom Brougham, Senior Management Analyst on past performance and future plans of the Public Information and Registration Units.
6. Approval of the Minutes
Minutes of the December 3, 2001 regular meeting.
7. Action Items
a. From Committees
(1) Second reading of proposal to amend Regulation 1271 to clarify that rent overcharges resulting from a failure to return interest earned on security deposits are not subject to the three-year statute of limitations. (IRA/AGA Committee).
(2) Second reading of proposal to amend Regulation 1013 to conform to recent amendment to Civil Code Section 1954.52 (Costa-Hawkins) enacted by SB 985 that restricts the exemption for condominium units to only such units that have been sold separately by the sub divider to a bona fide purchaser for value. (IRA/AGA Committee).
b. From Executive Director
(1) Report on year-end statistics for 2001.
(2) Proposal to approve staff recommendations on the following requests for waiver of late registration penalties.
Waiver No. Location
2701 2041 University Avenue
2739 1481 Blake Street
2740 2508 Hill Court
2742 1035 Cedar Street
2747 1920 Blake Street
2748 2340 MLK Jr. Way
2751 2912 Harper Street
2752 2426 Grant Street
2753 1910 Berkeley Way
2754 2421 7th Street
2760 1434 Addison Street
2761 2628 Regent Street
2763 2421 Prospect Street
2764 1121 Addison Street
2766 3007 Acton Street
2768 1816 Fairview Street
2769 1304 Alcatraz Avenue
2770 1708 Parker Street
2775 1301 Alcatraz Avenue
2776 1527 Walnut Street
a. Reports from Board Members/Staff.
b. Announcements of upcoming Committee Meetings:
(2) Community Education and Outreach
(4) Individual Rent Adjustment/AGA
(5) Student Outreach and Internship - Thursday, January 31 at 6PM UC Campus
(6) 3x3 City Council/RSB Housing Committee
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda material.