RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Thursday, May 23, 2002
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Council Chambers, Berkeley, CA.
Broadcast Live - KPFB - 89.3
BTV Cable Channel 25 and
CTV Cable Channel 78
1. Roll Call - 7:00 p.m.
2. Approval of the Agenda
3. Public Forum
4. Approval of Minutes
a. April 15, 2002 regular Board meeting minutes.
b. May 6, 2002 regular Board meeting minutes.
5. Special Order of Business
a. Election of new Commissioner to serve the remainder of Commissioner Bernay's unexpired term of office.
b. Oath of new commissioner by City Clerk.
c. Election of Vice Chair.
d. Resolution to be presented to Commissioner Stefanie Bernay on behalf of the Rent Stabilization Board in appreciation of her service as a Berkeley Rent Board Commissioner.
6. Action Items
a. From Executive Director
(1) Recommendation to adopt a resolution authorizing the Executive Director to issue a purchase order for Inkworks Printing in the amount of $40,000 for Fiscal Year 2002/2003.
(2) Recommendation to adopt a resolution authorizing the Executive Director to issue a purchase order for Volt Temporary Agency in the amount of $40,000 for Fiscal Year 2002/2003.
(3) Recommendation to adopt a resolution modifying the Position Detail to delete an Office Specialist II pending a determination as to what new positions the Board needs.
(4) Proposal to approve staff recommendations on the following requests for waiver of late registration penalties.
Waiver No. Location
2825 236 Kains Avenue
2830 540 10th
2832 3020 Benvenue Avenue
2834 2533 Chilton Way
2835 2437 8th Street
2838 1507 Harmon Street
2839 1215 Blake Street
2842 2528 McGee Avenue
2843 2606/2610 Fulton Street
2844 2722 Russell Street
2845 2603 Fulton Street
2846 2604 Fulton Street
2849 1619 Fairview Street
b. From Board Members
Proposal that the Board consider setting its summer vacation schedule. (Commissioner Hogarth)
a. Reports from Board Members/Staff.
b. Announcements of upcoming Committee Meetings:
(1) Budget and Personnel
(2) Community Education and Outreach
(3) Eviction - Monday, June 10, 6:00 p.m. at 2001 Center, 2nd Floor.
(4) IRA/AGA - Tuesday, June 4, 5:30 p.m. at 2001 Center, 2nd Floor.
(5) Student Outreach and Internship
(6) 3x3 City Council/RSB Housing Committee
c. Executive Director Interview Schedule: Panel Interviews June 13, location to be announced.
Board interviews June 14 starting at 6:00 p.m. and June 15 starting at 4:30 p.m.
d. Housing Update TV show with host Commissioner Janowitz: June 10 and June 24 at 5:30 p.m.
e. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda material.