RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Monday, December 2, 2002
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Council Chambers, Berkeley, CA.
Broadcast Live - KPFB - 89.3 FM
BTV Cable Channel 25 and
CTV Cable Channel 78
1. Roll Call - 7:00PM
2. Approval of the Agenda
Please Note: The Board may rearrange items to accommodate time certain items.
3. Public Forum
4. Approval of the Minutes
Minutes of the November 18, 2002 regular meeting.
5. Special Order of Business
a. Introduction of Board members-elect: Executive Director will introduce Selma Spector, Robert J. Evans, Pinkie Payne, Chris Kavanagh, and Howard G. Chong.
b. Oath of Office of Board members-elect: The Berkeley City Clerk will administer the Oath of Office to Board members-elect Selma Spector, Robert J. Evans, Pinkie Payne, Chris Kavanagh, and Howard G. Chong.
c. Election of Chairperson: Executive Director conducts election for Chairperson.
d. Election of Vice Chairperson: Newly elected Chair conducts election for Vice Chairperson.
e. Comments by new Chair, Vice Chair and Board members: Newly elected Board members, chair and vice-chair speak as desired.
6. Action Items
a. From Board
(1) Proposal to amend Resolution 99-1, to authorize the Executive Director, or his or her delegate, to intervene in an unlawful detainer action on behalf of the City of Berkeley Rent Stabilization Board, changing the authority from Chief Counsel to Executive Director, or his or her delegate.
(2) Proposal to amend Resolution 96-3, to authorize the Executive Director, or his or her delegate, to authorize the filing of amicus curiae briefs with State and Federal courts on behalf of the City of Berkeley Rent Stabilization Board, changing the authority from Chief Counsel to Executive Director, or his or her delegate.
b. From Executive Director
(1) Measure Y Tracking Report for the months of September 2000 through September 2002.
(2) Proposal to approve staff recommendations on the following requests for waiver of late registration penalties.
Waiver No. Location
2782 2417 6th Street
2836 1533 Prince Street
2890 2212 San Pablo Avenue
2901 1523 Walnut Street
2903 2501-05 Stuart Street
2910 2112 9th Street
7. Information and Announcements
Please Note: The Board may move Information Items to the Action Calendar.
a. Reports and information from Board Members/staff.
(1) December 12th workshop on the FY 2004 and 2005 City budget
(2) Update on recent outreach efforts
b. Announcements of upcoming Committee Meetings:
(2) Community Education and Outreach - Wednesday, December 11th at 6:30p.m., 2125 Milvia, First Floor Hearings Room.
(5) Student Outreach and Internship
(6) 3x3 City Council/RSB Housing Committee
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda material.