RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Regular Meeting Minutes
Monday, June 3, 2002
Members Present: Maldonado, Anderson, Spector, Harris, Siegel, Hogarth, Alberti, Chong
Staff Present: Gelb, Kelly, Wyche
Item 1. Roll Call - 6:30 PM Closed session. 7:10 PM Regular Meeting.
Item 2. Closed Session - 6:30 PM
Closed session pursuant to Government Code section 54957. Public employee appointment. Title: Executive Director. No action taken.
Item 3. Approval of the Agenda. APPROVED AS WRITTEN. M/S/C (Hogarth/Siegel) Voice vote. Passed: 7-0-0-2. Absent: Maldonado, Janowitz.
Item 4. Public Forum. There were no speakers
Item 5. Approval of Minutes - Approval of May 23, 2002 regular Board meeting minutes. M/S/C (Siegel/Hogarth) TO APPROVE AS WRITTEN. Voice vote. Passed: 6-0-1-2 Abstain: Anderson; Absent: Maldonado, Janowitz.
Item 6. Special Order of Business - Election of Vice Chair. Board unanimously agreed to postpone election of Vice Chair until all Board members are present.
Item 7. Appeal T-4076 - 1721 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, #3 M/S/C (Alberti/Spector) MOVE APPEAL TO NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING AT THE REQUEST OF ATTORNEY REPRESENTING PETITIONERS BECAUSE ALL TENANTS WERE NOT SERVED WITH LEGAL STAFF'S RECOMMENDATION. Voice vote. Passed: 8-0-0-1 Absent: Janowitz.
Item 8. Announcements
(1) Budget/Personnel - No meeting scheduled.
(2) Community Education and Outreach - TBA
(3) Eviction - Monday, June 10 at 6PM at 2001 Center Street, 2nd Floor.
(4) IRA/AGA - Tuesday, June 4, 5:30PM at 2001 Center Street, 2nd Floor.
(5) Student Outreach and Internship - To be scheduled sometime in August.
(6) 3x3 City Council/RSB Housing Committee - TBA.
Item 8. Adjournment 8:07 PM