Nonprofit organizations making housing referrals

The following organizations do not operate housing, but may be able to refer you to housing opportunities:

  • Alameda County’s 211 program, operated by Eden Information and Referral, 2-1-1 is a free, non-emergency, confidential, 3-digit phone number and service that provides easy access to housing information, and critical health and human services. 2-1-1 operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with multi-lingual capabilities. Simply call 2•1•1. If you don't live in Alameda County and want information on services in Alameda County, call toll-free: 888-886-9660. Outside California, call 510-727-9560
  • Center for Independent Living: Housing Referrals for Disabled Persons, 2539 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley, (510) 841-4776.
  • Multi-Agency Service Center, 1931 Center Street, Berkeley, Housing counseling workshops on Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m. (510) 843-3700.