RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Monday, November 19, 2001
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
City Council Chambers, Second Floor
Broadcast Live - KPFB - 89.3 (N. Berkeley)
BTV Cable Channel 25
1. Roll Call - 7:00PM
2. Approval of the Agenda
3. Public Forum
4. Approval of the Minutes
Minutes of the November 5, 2001 regular meeting.
5. Action Items
a. From Committees
(1) Second reading of proposal to adopt Regulation 1016 that creates a presumption that a tenant who vacates within one year of receiving a notice terminating the tenancy so the owner may move-in, vacates because of the notice. In such cases, the owner is not entitled to set a market rate rent when the unit is next rented. (Eviction Committee)
b. From Executive Director
(1) Proposal for Resolution exempting from registration fees and penalties units at a property otherwise covered by the Ordinance, so long as the units are inhabited by clients of the City of Berkeley Mental Health Division.
(2) Proposal to approve staff recommendations on the following requests for waiver of late registration penalties.
Waiver No. Location
2704 1728 Walnut Street
2713 1413 66th Street
2715 2503 Regent Street
2717 1808 MLK Jr. Way
2722 3024/2426 Dana Street/Dowling Place
2724 2414 Carleton Street
2726 2426 McGee Avenue
2728 1235 Dwight Way
2730 2813 Kelsey Street
2732 2310 West Street
2734 1514 Julia Street
2736 1616 Prince Street
2741 1648 Julia Street
2743 1605 Fairview Street
2746 1408 9th Street
a. Reports from Board Members/Staff.
b. Announcements of upcoming Committee Meetings:
(2) Community Education and Outreach
(4) Individual Rent Adjustment/Annual General Adjustment
(5) Student Outreach and Internship
(6) 3x3 City Council/RSB Housing Committee
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda material.