RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Monday, October 15, 2001
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
City Council Chambers, Second Floor
Broadcast Live - KPFB - 89.3 (N. Berkeley)
BTV Cable Channel 25
1. Roll Call - 7:00PM
2. Approval of the Agenda
3. Public Hearing on the Year 2002 Annual General Adjustment (AGA) and the draft AGA Report. - 7:05PM
a. Staff presentation and update. (Executive Director)
b. Testimony from members of public.
c. Comments from Board Members, questions to staff and consultant.
d. Adoption of the Year 2002 AGA Order, Regulation 1124.
4. Public Forum
5. Approval of the Minutes
Minutes of the October 1, 2001 regular meeting.
6. Appeals - Time Certain - 8:00 PM
a. Appeal T-4003 - 2628 Benvenue Avenue, B. This is an appeal of a hearing examiner decision which found that a subtenant, who shared a rental unit with a master tenant, had paid more than his proportional share of the rent. The master tenant appeals the decision raising numerous issues ranging from a claim of not having sufficient time to prepare the appeal to challenging the subtenant's standing to file the petition and the Rent Board's jurisdiction over the subject matter of the petition. Upon review, staff finds no factual or legal merit to these claims. For this reason, it is recommended that the decision of the hearing examiner be affirmed.
7. Action Items
a. From Executive Director
(1) Measure Y Tracking Report for the months of September 2000 through September 2001.
(2) Proposal to approve staff recommendations on the following requests for waiver of late registration penalties.
Waiver No. Location
2685 2231 McKinley Ave
2693 1716 Derby Street
2696 2609 Grant Street
2697 2610 MLK Jr. Way
2698 2324 Eunice Street
2699 1805 Dwight Way
2702 1623 Alcatraz Avenue
2705 2244 Russell Street
2706 2627 California Street
a. Announcements of upcoming Committee Meetings:
(2) Community Education and Outreach
(4) Individual Rent Adjustment/Annual General Adjustment
(5) Student Outreach and Internship
(6) 3x3 City Council/RSB Housing Committee
b. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda material.