RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Monday, February 5, 2001
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
City Council Chambers, Second Floor
Broadcast Live - KPFB - 89.3 (N. Berkeley)
BTV Cable Channel 25
1. Roll Call – 7:00 PM
2. Approval of the Agenda
3. Public Forum
4. Special Order of Business
Report from Christine Minnehan, Board Lobbyist.
5. Appeals – Time Certain – 8:00 PM
Appeal in L-3585 and T-3818 – 1416 9th Street C and D. This is a petition filed by the landlord for Historically Low Rent (HLR) and capital improvement rent adjustments and for a rent reduction based on a change in housing services. The tenant objected to the petition and filed a counter-petition for rent overcharges. The hearing examiner found that the landlord was entitled to the requested rent adjustments. The examiner also found that the tenant had not been overcharged rent. The tenant appealed the decision. On appeal, staff recommends that the lawful rent ceilings and the amount of the rent adjustments determined by the hearing examiner be modified but that the decision be otherwise affirmed.
6. Approval of the Minutes
Minutes of the January 18, 2001 regular meeting.
7. Action Items
a. From Committees
(1) Proposal that the Board suspend or terminate the contract with TAP until certain fiscal and administrative problems are solved. (Budget and Personnel Committee)
(2) Proposal that Board convert an AMA position to a Senior Office Assistant. (Budget and Personnel Committee)
a. Reports from Board Members/Staff.
b. Announcements of upcoming Committee Meetings:
(2) Community Education and Outreach
(3) Eviction - Thursday, February 22, 2001, 6pm, Law Library
(4) IRA/AGA – Wednesday, February 7, 2001, 5:30pm, Law Library
(5) Student Outreach and Internship
(6) 3x3 City Council/RSB Housing Committee
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda material.