RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Thursday, December 7, 2000
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
City Council Chambers, Second Floor
Broadcast Live - KPFB - 89.3 (N. Berkeley)
BTV Cable Channel 25
1. Roll Call – 7:00 PM
2. Special Order of Business
a. Introduction of Boardmembers-elect, Maxwell Anderson, Judy Ann Alberti, Paul Hogarth, and Matthew Jay Siegel.
b. Oath of Office of Boardmembers-elect:
The Berkeley City Clerk will administer the Oath of Office to Boardmembers-elect, Maxwell Anderson, Judy Ann Alberti, Paul Hogarth, and Matthew Jay Siegel.
c. Election of Chairperson:
Executive Director conducts election for Chairperson.
d. Election of Vice Chairperson:
Newly elected Chair conducts election for Vice Chairperson.
e. Comments by new Chair, Vice Chair and Boardmembers:
Newly elected Boardmembers, chair and vice-chair speak as desired.
f. Resolution to be presented to William E. Bolden, Jr. by Commissioner Siegel on behalf of the Rent Stabilization Board and staff: IN APPRECIATE OF WILLIAM E. BOLDEN, JR.’S FIFTEEN YEARS OF OUTSTANDING SERVICE AS AN ASSISTANT MANAGEMENT ANALYST FOR THE BERKELEY RENT STABILIZATION BOARD.
3. Approval of the Agenda
4. Public Forum
5. Approval of the Minutes
Minutes of the November 20, 2000 regular meeting.
6. Action Items
a. From Committees
(1) Second reading of proposal to adopt Regulation 1382 clarifying that the 50% ownership interest requirement of the Rent Ordinance may be satisfied by married couples or registered domestic partners whose combined recorded interest in a property equals or exceeds 50%. (Eviction Committee).
b. From Executive Director
(1) Adoption of 2000/2001 Rent Stabilization Board Regular Meeting Schedule, from December 2000 through December 2001, in accordance with the City of Berkeley’s recently adopted 2001 Holiday Schedule.
a. Reports from Board Members/Staff.
b. Announcements of upcoming Committee Meetings:
(2) Community Education and Outreach
(4) Individual Rent Adjustment/Annual General Adjustment
(5) Student Outreach and Internship
(6) 3x3 City Council/RSB Housing Committee
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda material.