Tobacco Prevention Program
The Tobacco Prevention Program works to decrease public health inequities by increasing the capacity of tobacco control and prevention efforts. We work to decrease the sale of tobacco products to minors by Berkeley tobacco merchants and provide tobacco cessation services to the community.
Quit Smoking Classes Schedule
Where to pick up FREE "NO SMOKING" signs
- We promote opportunities for Berkeley youth to take action against the glamorization of tobacco, including blunts, cigars, and hookahs, by the entertainment industry.
- We work to decrease the sale of tobacco products to minors by Berkeley tobacco merchants by collaborating with community partners to strenghthen Berkeley's tobacco control laws.
- Protect residents of Berkeley multi-unit housing from drifting second hand smoke by working in
collaboration with stakeholders group to promote policy opportunities.
- Decrease public health inequities by increasing the capacity of tobacco control and prevention
efforts through cultural competency building, community mobilization, and by increasing per capita
funding for priority populations.
- Provide tobacco cessation services to the community. Encourage the adoption of the US Public Health
Service Guidelines by health care providers and clinics to ask clients of their tobacco use, advise
smokers to quit and advocacy activities.
- Promote collaborative efforts between school and community partners to strengthen smoke-free school
policies and prevent tobacco use among students through participation in tobacco prevention, education,
and advocacy activities.
- Support efforts to develop and implement strong and effective tobacco tobacco control policies. Conduct
education and outreach on Berkeley Smokefree policies.
- Encourage the Berkeley community to contact the Berkeley Tobacco Prevention Program office to volunteer on the Berkeley Tobacco Prevention Coalition.
Who is the program for?
Quit groups are open to all and most services are for the Berkeley community.
Languages spoken: English and Spanish
"Freedom From Tobacco" Quit Smoking Classes
There are currently no Quit Smoking classes being offered. Check back periodically for information about newly scheduled classes.
• Small group setting
• Fun, interactive learning environment
• Participant workbook and other informative materials provided
• Medicines that can help you stop smoking
• Lifestyle changes that make quitting easier
• Preparing for Quit Day
• Managing stress
• Avoiding weight gain
• Developing a new self-image
• Staying smoke-free for good. All Classes are FREE. Pre-registration suggested.
Register by emailing: QuitNow@cityofberkeley.info or by calling: (510) 981-5330
Summary of 2008 NO SMOKING Restrictions in Berkeley
Where to pick up free "NO SMOKING" signs
Tobacco Facts and the Environment
Public Commons for Everyone Initiative (PCEI)
Tobacco Information & Prevention Websites
City of Berkeley Public Health Division
1947 Center Street, Second Floor
Berkeley, CA 94704
Map to Public Health Division
510-981-5330 (Phone) 510-981-5395 (Fax) 510-981-6903 (TDD)
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
**CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT**