How do I file a claim against the City?

You may download and complete the fillable claim form by clicking on this link, Claim Form and Filing Procedures to File A Claim Against the City of Berkeley.   You must return the original signed claim form.  We do not accept emailed claims.  You may also pick up a claim form from the City Clerk's or City Attorney's office.  PLEASE NOTE:  THE FORM HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH A NEW ADDRESS.