SPECIAL MEETING OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION
This meeting is held in a wheelchair accessible location.
* Please note: 8:00 PM start time *
Please click here for PDF version of Agenda
October 15, 2008, 8:00 PM
North Berkeley Senior Center
1901 Hearst Avenue
Public Testimony Guidelines
Speakers are customarily allotted up to three minutes each. The Commission Chair may limit the number of speakers and the length of time allowed to each speaker to ensure adequate time for all items on the Agenda. To speak during Public Comment or during a Public Hearing, please submit a speaker card to the Secretary by 7:15 p.m., or at the Planning Department zoning counter by 5:00 p.m. (2120 Milvia Street).
Speakers are encouraged to submit comments in writing. See “Procedures for correspondence to the Commissioners” below.
1. Roll Call
2. Order of Agenda: The Commission may rearrange the agenda or place additional agendized items on the Consent Calendar
3. Public Comment: Comments on subjects not included on the agenda
4. Planning Staff Report: In addition to the items below, additional matters may be reported at the meeting
5. Chairperson’s Report: Report by Planning Commission Chair
6. Committee Reports: Reports by Commission committees or liaisons. In addition to the items below, additional matters may be reported at the meeting.
7. Approval of Minutes: Draft minutes of September 24, final minutes of September 10
8. Future Agenda Items and Other Planning-Related Events
CONSENT CALENDAR ITEMS: The Consent Calendar allows the Commission to take action with no discussion on projects to which no one objects. The Commission may place items on the Consent Calendar if no one present wishes to testify on an item. Anyone present who wishes to speak on an item should submit a speaker card prior to the start of the meeting, or raise his or her hand and advise the Chairperson, and the item will be pulled from the consent calendar for public comment and discussion prior to action.
AGENDA ITEMS: Matters for discussion and possible action.
9. SET HEARING - Revisions to Wireless Telecommunication Facilities Ordinance Amendments
Action: Set a public hearing for November 5 to consider amendments to the Wireless Telecommunications Facilities Ordinance.
Written Materials: Report attached.
Web information: None.
Continued From: None.
10. DISCUSSION - Draft Climate Action Plan
Action: Consider the draft Climate Action Plan Sustainable Transportation and Land Use chapter and provide feedback on the chapter Goals.
Written Materials: Report attached.
Web Information: http://www.berkeleyclimateaction.org/
Continued From: None.
11. DISCUSSION - Draft Environmental Sustainability Chapter – DAP
Action: Finish comments on draft Environmental Sustainability chapter.
Written Materials: Please bring draft chapter from September 17, 2008.
Web Information: http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/ContentDisplay.aspx?id=10828
Continued From: September 17
ADDITIONAL AGENDA ITEMS: In compliance with Brown Act regulations, no action may be taken on these items. However, discussion may occur at this meeting upon a Commissioner request.
Information Reports: None
Communications: (See “Procedures for correspondence to the Commissioners,” below)
- East Bay Regional Park District Measure WW materials.
Late materials from previous meetings: (Copies available from the Planning Department office 981-7416)
- BBPT handout, “Rapid Bus Plus” defined, September 21, 2008
- Presentation slides, Berkeley Housing Element Update 2009
Procedures for correspondence to the Commissioners:
- To distribute correspondence to Commissioners prior to the meeting date -- submit comments by 12:00 noon, seven (7) days before the meeting. Please provide 15 copies of any correspondence with more than ten (10) pages.
- Any correspondence received after this deadline will be given to Commissioners on the meeting date just prior to the meeting.
- Staff will not deliver to Commissioners any additional written (or email) materials received after 12:00 noon on the day of the meeting.
- Members of the public may submit written comments themselves early in the meeting. To distribute correspondence at the meeting, please provide 15 copies and submit to the Planning Commission Secretary just before or at the beginning of the meeting.
- Written comments should be directed to the Planning Commission Secretary at the Land Use Planning Division (Attn: Planning Commission Secretary).
Written material may be viewed in advance of the meeting at the Planning and Development Department, 2118 Milvia Street, First Floor, during working hours or at the Main Branch Library, Shattuck/Kittredge Streets, during regular library hours at the Reference Desk.
Accommodations Provided Upon Request. To request a disability-related accommodation(s) to participate in the meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Disability Services specialist at 981-6346(V) or 981-7075 (TDD) at least three business days before the meeting date.
Note: If you object to a project or to any City action or procedure relating to the project application, any lawsuit which you may later file may be limited to those issues raised by you or someone else in the public hearing on the project, or in written communication delivered at or prior to the public hearing. The time limit within which to commence any lawsuit or legal challenge related to these applications is governed by Section 1094.6 of the Code of Civil Procedure, unless a shorter limitations period is specified by any other provision. Under Section 1094.6, any lawsuit or legal challenge to any quasi adjudicative decision made by the City must be filed no later than the 90th day following the date on which such decision becomes final. Any lawsuit or legal challenge, which is not filed within that 90 day period, will be barred.
Please refrain from wearing scented products to public meetings.