Now accepting applications for the Summer 2013 season!
Welcome to the City’s Employment Page for Recreation programs. We pride ourselves in continually offering varied activities for all ages in the community. If you have the desire to motivate and make a difference, you’ve come to the right place. The City offers temporary jobs in our Campsites, Centers, Aquatics and Playgrounds.
Minimum age for employment is 16 years.
Positions available at:
The City is now accepting applications for 2013 summer jobs. If you would like to be considered for open jobs you must:
- Download an application for any current job openings. A supplemental Questionnaire will be required for Echo/Tuolumne, Adventure Playground and Berkeley Day Camp positions
- Fill out application and complete supplemental (if applicable) and sign them.
- In the "Employment Record" portion of the City’s application is where you want to list all your paid or volunteer experience, as it applies to the job. Examples include: babysitting jobs, youth coaching experience, leadership camps, youth mentoring programs, etc. If you have any questions about what is appropriate, feel free to contact us.
- In the “Relevant licenses, certificates, or training” portion of the City’s application you want to list all relevant certificates that apply to the job. Examples include: First Aid and CPR, Lifeguard, WSI, etc.
- Attach all required certificates with your application. (Please refer under “job requirements” for required certificates for the position you are applying for with the City).
You may mail or drop-off your completed applications to:
City of Berkeley, Recreation Division
1947 Center Street, 1st Floor
Berkeley, CA 94704
You may fax your application to (510) 981-5160.
Upon receipt, your applications will be reviewed and you will be contacted by phone or email if you are selected for an interview
Candidates under serious consideration must provide proof of a recent negative T.B. test prior the beginning of the program or agree to get one as condition of employment. Federal law requires that prior to employment, applicants must furnish proof of identity and eligibility for employment in the United States. Proof may be furnished by various documents such as Social Security Card (original), birth certificate, driver’s license/CA I.D., passport, etc.
Fingerprinting Requirement: California state law requires that all recreation employees and volunteers having direct contact, supervisory or disciplinary authority over minors be fingerprinted as a condition of employment. Candidates under serious consideration for hire will be referred for fingerprinting. Employment is contingent upon fingerprint results.
Candidates under the age of 18 will require a work permit.
*(pdf) This is a pdf format, if you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader, please download from City's download site. If you are unable to access this information online, please participate by contacting us via email (email@example.com), (510) 981-5150, or TDD (510) 981-6903.