Measure WW Bonds
Measure WW is a local grant program for the acquisition and development of countywide and regional parks and recreation facilities. It is funded by a bond measure approved by Alameda County and Contra Costa County voters in November 2008. Of the total $500 million received in bond funding, 75% ($375 million) will fund the East Bay Regional Park District’s acquisition and development plan. The remaining 25% ($125 million) was allocated to East Bay cities based on population to fund City projects. The City of Berkeley’s allocation was $4.876 million and is to be spent by December 2018. The City conducted a distribution process through Parks and Recreation Commission in 2010 and listed below by year are the selected projects, project description, and the tentative project schedule.
Measure WW - Project list/description and Tentative Schedule
- Marin Circle Renovation-drought tolerant landscape (In Planning, Construction May, 2017)
- Becky Temko Play Equipment Renovation-play equipment replacement (In Planning, Construction May, 2017)
- James Kenney Park Play Area Renovation-play equipment replacement (In Design, Construction February 2017)
- John Hinkel Park Renovation-play equipment replacement (In Design, Construction May 2017)
- Strawberry Creek Park Renovation Phase 1-replacement of court areas (In Design, Construction May 2017)
- Grove Park Renovation Phase 1-basketball and tennis court lighting and surface renovations (Construction in May, 2016)
- Rose Garden Renovation Phase 1-demolition and 15% replacement of trellis and ADA compliance (Construction in June, 2016)
- Willard Park Play Area/ Pathway Renovation-play equipment and pathway renovation (Construction in October, 2016)
- Ohlone Dog Park Renovation-drainage and small dog area (Construction in May, 2016)
- Virginia McGee Totland - replacement of play equipment, drainage, ADA compliance (Completed)
- Terrace View Phase 1- renovation of basketball court, lower picnic area and ADA compliance (Completed)
- Citywide Picnic Area- amenity replacement at reservable areas and ADA compliance (Completed)
- Aquatic Park Habitat Restoration- South end habitat replacement and planting (Completed)
- Skate Park Reconstruction- replace key joints and spalling concrete (Completed)
- San Pablo Park- basketball court renovation (Completed)
- Gilman Street Sports Fields (Phase 2)- softball field (Completed)
Contact: Stacie Clarke, Senior Management Analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 981-6715.
See following links for more information:
Measure WW FAQs
Measure WW Process
Parks and Recreation Commission check for meeting schedules.
Subscribe to this page to receive e-mail notification when new information is posted.