- Crosswalk Lights - New in-pavement crosswalk lights, pedestrian push buttons, and advance warning beacons were installed at M. L. King/Prince. (Picture is of older installation at Sacramento/Oregon.)
- California/Dwight Traffic Island - A new landscaped traffic island was installed and the existing crosswalks were re-painted.
- Traffic Circles - LeConte Area - 5 new traffic circles were installed at a construction cost of $77,553.
- FY 2005 Traffic Circles Phase 2 - 10 new traffic circles were installed at various locations for approximately $125,000.
- Dwight Way Traffic Calming Project - Traffic calming bulbouts (extensions of the concrete sidewalk) were installed at the intersections of Dwight Way /Curtis Street, Dwight Way / Mabel Street, and Dwight Way / Acton Street. The work also included curb ramps, catch basins, and storm drain lines.
- Traffic Signal at Hearst/Arch/Le Conte - New traffic signals were installed at the intersection of Hearst Avenue / Arch Street / Le Conte Avenue. This $200,000 project was a joint venture between the City and the University of California to improve bicycle and pedestrian safety.
- West Street Improvements - A new bicycle and pedestrian trail was constructed between University Avenue and Delaware Street.
- Mathews/Oregon Traffic Circle - The intersection was modified to include a new traffic circle, new red curbs, crosswalks, and centerlines.
- Malcolm X Safe Route to School Traffic Calming - The intersections of King/Tyler, California/Tyler, California/Woolsey, Ellis/Prince, and Prince/King were modified to include corner bulbouts, valley gutters and/or traffic circles. Feedback signs were placed on Ashby.
- Spruce Street Traffic Calming - The intersections of Spruce/Vine and Spruce/Rose were modified to include corner bulbouts and/or traffic circles.
- Lorin District Traffic Circles Phase 2 - The intersections of King/Fairview, King/Harmon, King/Woolsey, and Ellis/Woolsey were modified to include traffic circles.
- Speed Feedback Signs - New speed feedback signs were installed at Sacramento (NB) south of Harmon, Arlington (SB) north of Mendocino, Telegraph (NB) south of Stuart, and M. L. King (NB) south of Russell.
Street Projects | Sidewalk & Pathway Projects
Sanitary Sewer Projects | Storm Drain & Other Projects