General Services - Procurement
Our Mission: General Services - Procurement is dedicated to providing excellent, responsive and courteous service to City Departments and the community by:
- Implementing appropriate laws and ordinances;
- Ensuring City Departments receive required material on a timely basis;
- Getting maximum value from City resources;
- Working closely and cooperatively with vendors;
- Making Procurement and its personnel successful through training and development; and
- Minimizing inventory losses through centralized purchasing and good planning.
In performing these services, Procurement uses a system that is fair, accountable, and promotes competition, impartiality, and the economic use of funds.
Functions of Procurement
- Procures materials, supplies, equipment and services.
- Administers the City's centralized purchasing system.
- Develops bid specifications jointly with City departments, obtaining bids through advertising and direct solicitation, establishing and monitoring price agreement contracts, and issuing purchase orders.
- Maintains a register of professional and personal services consultants who are interested in working with the City.
- Administers the sale or auction of City surplus property, impounded vehicles, City fleet, and unclaimed confiscated goods through public auctions.
- Provides printing, forms design, postal service and interoffice courier service to all City departments.
To contact General Services - Procurement, please call (510) 981-7320 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Doing Business With the City of Berkeley