Community Environmental Advisory Commission
AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING
Thursday December 2, 2010, 7:00 pm
First Floor Conference Room, 2118 Milvia Street, Berkeley
PDF version of entire packet
- Call to Order and Roll Call
- Action Minutes Review/Adoption: Review and adopt minutes from the meeting of 11/4/10 (correction to date and attachment)
- CEAC Action Tracker: Tabular report of actions taken by CEAC in the last 6 months
- Report from the Chair: Welcome new members. Report on his contact with Arreguin on home gardening, contact with Anderson on Pacific Steel Casting.
- Comments from the Public (3 minute limit)
- Agenda Prioritization: Commissioners may request to re-arrange agenda
- Reports from Subcommittees and Task Force Delegates: None
- Toxics Management Division Report: Update on inspections, staffing, funding and enforcement (where possible) for the Certified Unified Program (CUPA) remediation and stormwater programs
a. West Berkeley Plan. Report back from Subcommittee on any amendments to West Berkeley Plan updates. West Berkeley Project Draft EIR.
b. Food Smoke & Odor Referrals to Environmental Health. Review City’s response to CEAC. Consider alternative ways meet goals.
c. Asbestos waste in demolitions. Bay Area municipalities only request asbestos evaluations for full demolitions and not for major reconstruction.
d. 2011 CEAC operational plan (CEAC elections and priorities for 2011)
e. City’s Stormwater Infrastructure – upgrade of storm sewers
- Announcements from Commissioners (3 minute limit)
- Communications from Public to Commission
- Information Items: Maybe moved to action by majority vote
- To be distributed
- Next Agenda: Discussion/Action items proposed for future agenda
Late Communications received after distribution of the December 2, 2010 agenda packet:
- Letter from Deanna Despain, Berkeley City Clerk, to Jack Broadbent (BAAQMD) re: Odor Management at Pacific Steel Casting and Air District Enforcement, dated November 15, 2010
Please note: Please be prepared to extend the meeting until 10:00PM, if needed
Communications Are Public Records: Communications to Berkeley boards, commissions or committees are public records and will become part of the City’s electronic records, which are accessible through the City’s website. Please note: email addresses, names, addresses, and other contact information are not required, but if included in any communication to a City board, commission or committee, will become part of the public record. If you do not want your email address or any other contact information to be made public, you may deliver communications via U.S. Portal Service or in person to Commission Secretary Nabil Al-Hadithy. If you do not want your contact information included in the public record, please do not include that information in your communication. Please contact the Commission Secretary Nabil Al-Hadithy for further information.
SB 343 Disclaimer
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Commission regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at Toxic Management Division, Planning Department located at 2118 Milvia St, 3rd Floor, 94704.
Please request information from Nabil Al-Hadithy, Secretary, at (510) 981-7460 or by email at email@example.com
This meeting is being held in a wheelchair accessible location. To request a disability-related accommodation(s) to participate in the meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Disability Services specialist at 981-6346 (V) or 981-7075 (TDD) at least three business days before the meeting date.
Please refrain from wearing scented products to this meeting.
*Agendas, Minutes and related attachments are presented in PDF format and open in a new window. To view PDF files, download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Back to top