RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Monday, December 13, 2010
Maudelle Shirek Building
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Council Chambers, Second Floor
Broadcast Live – KPFB – 89.3
(N. Berkeley) and BTV Cable Channel 33
Many of the links below lead to PDF files that require Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your PC. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your PC download Acrobat Reader for free.
If you are unable to access this information online, please participate by contacting us via e-mail at email@example.com, telephone (510) 981-7368 (981-RENT), or TDD (510) 981-6903.
1. Roll Call - 7:00 p.m.
2. Special Order of Business
a. Introduction of Boardmembers-elect
Executive Director will introduce newly elected Boardmembers.
b. Oath of Office of Boardmembers-elect
The Berkeley City Clerk will administer the Oath of Office to Boardmembers-elect.
c. Comments from Boardmembers
3. Approval of Agenda
4. Public Forum
5. Approval of November 29, 2010 Regular Meeting Minutes
(1) Approval of the regular Board meeting schedule for 2011. (Executive Director)
6. Action Items
a. From Board Members, Executive Director and Committees
(2) Authorizing an extension of the deferral of implementation of the Executive Director’s 2.5% Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) which was scheduled to go into effect December 26, 2010 until June 26, 2011, as a cost-savings measure. (Executive Director)(3) Second reading on proposed revisions to Regulation 883 [Waiver of Penalties and Interest on Delinquent Registration Fees] and Regulation 884 [Other Waiver Requests] (Ad Hoc Committee on Waivers and Executive Director)
(4) Proposal to approve staff recommendation on the following requests for waiver of late registration penalties (Executive Director)
Waiver No. Property Address
3888 2532 Regent Street
3889 776 Arlington Avenue
3904 1400 – 67th Street
3916 2332 Cedar Street
3922 1112 Allston Way
3926 1201 Masonic Avenue
3935 1636-½ Delaware Street
Waiver No. Property Address
3877 1613 – 6th Street
3878 1670 Shattuck Avenue
3911 2615 Ridge Road
3912 1765 Le Roy Avenue
7. Information and Announcements
Please Note: The Board may move Information Items to the Action Calendar.
a. Reports from Board Members/Staff
(1) Update on Selection of Community Service Specialist III to supervise the PIU/Registration Division. (Executive Director)
(2) Update on Administrative Staff Assistant classification and recruitment. (Executive Director)
(3) Update on other recruitments or changes to the staffing model. (Executive Director)
(4) Updated Board Directory (Executive Director)
(5) Update on RTS computer system (Executive Director)
(6) Update on Relocation Ordinance revisions (Executive Director)
(7) Fall/Winter 2010 edition of Berkeley Rental News (Executive Director)
(8) Update on student outreach activities (Commissioner Tregub) (TO BE DELIVERED)
(9) Copy of article from Governing magazine titled Could Renting Be the New American Dream? (Executive Director)
b. Updates and Announcements regarding Committee/Board Meetings
(1) Budget and Personnel
(3) IRA/AGA and Habitability
(4) Eviction/Section 8/Foreclosure
(5) Safe and Sustainable Housing
(6) 4 x 4 City Council/Housing/RSB
(7) Ad Hoc Committee on Waiver Process
(8) Future Special Meetings
c. Discussion of items for possible placement on future agenda
8. Closed Session
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – Anticipated Legislation
Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (c) of Section 54956.9 of the Government Code: several potential cases related to registration compliance.
NOTE: ATTENDEES AT PUBLIC MEETINGS ARE REMINDED THAT OTHER ATTENDEES
MAY BE SENSITIVE TO VARIOUS ODORS, WHETHER NATURAL OR MANUFACTURED, IN PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS. PLEASE HELP THE CITY RESPECT THESE NEEDS.