Heart 2 Heart
Each One Teach One
Heart 2 Heart incorporates the “each one, teach one” method toward achieving health equity. This is an approach that has been woven into many “Promotora”/ Community Health Advocate/Residential Health Advocate models. The projects and interventions incorporate the perspectives, voices, and ideas of community members that inform a structure for community strengthening and capacity building. Below, please find information about upcoming events and initiatives.
2015 Semi-Annual Job & Education Fair
The Heart 2 Heart Program and the City of Berkeley Youth Commission will offer youth and adults an opportunity to find jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities with more than 20 area employers! Network, obtain career information and gain valuable experience speaking to employers and academic institutions.
This event is open to community members of all ages!
Please note that youth under 18 will need to obtain a work permit once hired. Resources may be available to advise youth about the work permit application process.
Saturday, August 29, 2015
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
|MLK Youth Services Center / Young Adult Project
1730 Oregon Street
Berkeley, CA 94703
- Employers will offer both entry level and advanced positions.
- Interviews and onsite hiring!
- Academic institutions will offer enrollment opportunities.
- Vocational programs will provide information about training opportunities.
- FREE drop-in resume-building and interview skill building session!
- FREE health and blood pressure screenings for event participants!
- Social service and health programs will provide services and resources.
Information and Vendor Registration
If your organization is interested in participating as a vendor please submit a vendor application by Friday, August 14, 2015.
Vendor Application (pdf) | Informational Flyer (pdf)
For more information please contact: