RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
SAFE AND SUSTAINABLE HOUSING COMMITTEE MEETING
Tuesday, October 13, 2011
2001 Center Street, 2nd Floor, Law Library
1. Roll call.
2. Approval of the agenda.
3. Approval of the August 23, 2011 meeting minutes.
4. Public comment.
5. Staff update followed by continued discussion and possible action on the multifamily energy efficiency project, and possible communication to full Rent Stabilization Board (RSB), City Council or others.
6. Report back on September 29th, 2011 4x4 from attending Committee members:
a. Discussion and possible action on recycling program for multi-unit buildings and possible communications to full RSB, City Council or others.
b. Discussion and possible action on Soft Story Ordinance and possible adoption of a mandatory ordinance, and possible communication to full RSB, City Council or others.
7. Discussion on possible collaboration on expanding community preparedness with Public Health, Berkeley Disaster Preparedness Neighborhood Network "The Network" (BDPNN), Office of Emergency Services (OES), and others in the McGee Baptist neighborhood.
8. Discussion and possible action on disaster preparedness/planning for multi-unit buildings.
9. Discussion and possible action on electric cars and electric car chargers.
10. Update, discussion and possible action on the Sloan Vasquez report.
11. Review, discussion and possible revisions to the Committee’s goals and priorities.
Jesse Townley, Chair
Lief Bursell, Committee Secretary
COMMUNICATION ACCESS INFORMATION:
This meeting is being held in a wheelchair-accessible location. To request disability-related accommodation(s) to participate in the meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact Aimee Mueller at 981-4932 or 981-6903 (TDD) at least three business days before the meeting date.
Please refrain from wearing scented products to this meeting.