RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
Special Meeting and Budget Workshop
Monday, May 14, 2012
Maudelle Shirek Building
2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Council Chambers, Second Floor
Broadcast Live – KPFB – 89.3
(N. Berkeley) and BTV Cable Channel 33
Many of the links below lead to PDF files that require Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your PC. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your PC download Acrobat Reader for free.
If you are unable to access this information online, please participate by contacting us via e-mail at email@example.com, telephone (510) 981-7368 (981-RENT), or TDD (510) 981-6903.
1. Roll call – 7:00 p.m.
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Forum
4. Budget Workshop/Special Presentation by Rent Stabilization Program staff: “Rent Stabilization in the 21st Century”
5. Discussion and action related to the Budget and Annual Registration Fee
a. Public testimony on the Annual Registration Fee and Rent Board Budget
b. From Board Members, Executive Director and Committees
(1) Recommendation to set the FY 2013 annual registration fee (due July 2012) and establish the maximum recurring expenditure level for FY 2012/2013 (Executive Director and Budget & Personnel Committee) – TO BE DELIVERED
(2) Recommendation to authorize the direct pass-through to certain tenants of a portion of the FY 2013 annual registration fee (Executive Director and Budget & Personnel Committee) – TO BE DELIVERED
(3) Recommendation to adopt a resolution to modify the registration fee and procedures for qualifying fraternities for the upcoming 2012-13 registration year (Executive Director and Budget & Personnel Committee) – TO BE DELIVERED
6. Information and Announcements
Please Note: The Board may move Information Items to the Action Calendar.
a. Reports from Board Members/Staff
(1) Announcement of Walking Tour of Four Housing Cooperatives in West Berkeley on Sunday, May 20, 2012
at 2:00 p.m. (Commissioner Harr)
COMMUNICATION ACCESS INFORMATION:
This meeting is being held in a wheelchair-accessible location. To request disability-related accommodation(s) to participate in the meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact Aimee Mueller at 981-4932 or 981-6903 (TDD) at least three business days before the meeting date.
Please refrain from wearing scented products to this meeting