Social Services are provided to Berkeley residents over the age of 55. The Aging Services Division Social Services Unit provides consultation and referral in many areas of concern for seniors in our Berkeley community.
Case managers provide resources to support many concerns, including:
- Having adequate food
- Accessing medical, mental health services and dental and vision care
- Health insurance and financial benefits advocacy resources
- Legal assistance resources
- Affordable housing listings
- Accessibility and safety issues in the home
- Resources for utilities and energy assistance
- Home care assistance referrals
- Family caregiver support
Services provided by the Social Services Unit are confidential. Our Notice of Privacy Practices describes the policies we follow to safeguard personal health information.
Our social service staff work with Berkeley seniors:
To find out more about the services provided by the Social Services Unit, call:
Social Services Unit