RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
OUTREACH COMMITTEE MEETING
Friday, October 19, 2012
2001 Center Street, Law Library, 2nd Floor
1. Roll call
2. Approval of agenda
3. Approval of the September 21, 2012 meeting minutes
4. Public Comment
5. Discussion and possible action regarding the current Outreach Work Plan
6. Update on the plan for implementing social media outreach, improving Rent Stabilization Board Web site, and improving outreach through the Web (Chanée Franklin/Patty Thomas)
7. Discussion on development of outreach to tenants on renter’s earthquake insurance, the emergency supply cache program, and community service response team trainings (consider the office of energy & sustainable development’s request to combine outreach efforts).
8. Staff report on current outreach activities and proposals:
a. Fall Newsletter (Nick Traylor)
b. Upcoming Postcard Outreach (Nick Traylor)
c. DeCal Class Report (Nick Traylor)
d. Rent Board Intern Program (Moni Law)
e. Saturday Counseling at Library Update (Moni Law)
f. Seniors Center Outreach (Moni Law)
g. Upcoming Rent Board Workshops: November 13 (Tenants’ Rights)
h. Possible Flea Market Outreach
i. Rent Board Workshops to be available on video in future
9. Items for future discussion and setting next meeting date
Nick Traylor (510) 981-7368
Pam Webster (Chair)
COMMUNICATION ACCESS INFORMATION:
This meeting is being held in a wheelchair-accessible location.
To request disability-related accommodation(s) to participate in the meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact Aimee Mueller at 981-4932 or 981-6903 (TDD) at least three business days before the meeting date.
Please refrain from wearing scented products to this meeting.