We are pleased to report that we've had an excellent turnout for Berkeley Sierra Family Camp registration, which began on Wednesday, February 12 for City of Berkeley residents. The atmosphere at registration has been very positive, and we are happy to see so many familiar faces registering for camp.
BERKELEY RESIDENT PRIORITY REGISTRATION: February 12, 13, 14, 18 (Closed 2/17 – City Holiday), 9:00 AM - 4:30PM
NON-BERKELEY RESIDENTS REGISTRATION BEGINS: February 19, 9:00 AM - 4:30PM
Priority Registration Policy
- Berkeley residents are required to show proof of residency with a current utility bill and photo ID.
- Proof of residency is required to receive the Berkeley resident rate.
- Walk-in registrations will be processed before registrations received via mail, fax, e-mail, or dropped off by a third party.
- Registrations received via mail, e-mail, fax, or dropped off by a third party will be processed in the order they are received, following completion of daily walk-in registrations.
- The registered Head of Household is financially responsible for all payments, change requests and cancellation requests for each registration.
- Registration payments will only be accepted from the registered Head of Household.
- A 25% deposit is required to hold each reservation.
- During priority registration, a Berkeley resident Head of Household may include non-resident campers in their tent, however non-resident rates apply.
- Non-Resident Head of Household registrations will not be accepted or processed until February 19, 2014.
Multiple Cabin Policy
- During priority registration, each adult (18+ years) Berkeley resident can reserve a maximum of two (2) cabins.
- A separate registration form must be used for each cabin, including the same Berkeley resident Head of Household account information on both forms.
- The registered Head of Household is responsible for all payments, change requests and cancellation requests for each cabin.
Berkeley Sierra Family Camp Refund Policy
All refund, change, and cancellation requests must be made in writing and sent to the City Of Berkeley Recreation Office, 1947 Center St. 1st Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704.
All requests for refund must be directed to the Recreation & Youth Services Manager. The original receipt must be submitted with a written request for refund. The request must state the reason for refund, date, time, and location of program.
Refund Policy: All refund requests are subject to a 25% administrative fee, not to exceed $150.00. Requests made less than 30 days prior to scheduled arrival are not eligible for a refund.
Changing Reservations: Changes resulting in a reduction of the reservation are subject to a $100 administrative service fee. No charges will be incurred for registration additions or extensions to your stay. Requests to reduce your stay or change your camp dates must be made at least 30 days prior to arrival date. Change requests made less than 30 days prior to arrival date are not eligible for a refund. Additions may be made less than 30 days in advance as space allows. Only the Head of Household may request a reservation change.
Cancellation policy: Cancellations are subject to a 25% administrative fee, not to exceed $150.00. Cancellation requests made less than 30 days prior to scheduled arrival are not eligible for refund. Cancellation requests due to medical emergency or illness must be submitted in writing, accompanied by a doctor’s note, and received no later than 30 days following the scheduled date of attendance.
Late Fee: Reservations with unpaid balances at close of business day Thursday, May 1, 2014 are subject to a $75.00 late fee.