Echo Lake Family Camp Availability Calendar 2016
Family Camp at Echo Lake
Summer 2016 Family Camp Dates - See below for important changes to our Camps registration locations
Saturday, June 18 (first meal is lunch) – Sunday, July 17 (last meal is breakfast)
Friday, July 22 (first meal is dinner) – Sunday, July 31 (last meal is lunch)
*2016 BERKELEY RESIDENT PRIORITY REGISTRATION: November 9 (at James Kenney Recreation Center), 10, and 12 (at Willard Recreation Offices), 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
*2016 NON-BERKELEY RESIDENTS REGISTRATION BEGINS: November 16, 9:00 AM.
Dear Berkeley Family Camper,
We are excited to offer a variety of programs at Echo Lake Camp in Summer 2016, including our family camp programs. We will also be offering Fish Camps, 50+ Camps, and three Youth Residential Camp sessions, along with eight Counselor-In-Training Sessions and several private group rentals.
Like last summer, camp will be filled with great activities and incredible outdoor opportunities. Our family camp traditions include the green chair circle, quiet hours, canoeing, the staff show, table night, theme days, tie-dye, campfires, and excellent swimming and hiking. This year, Fish Camp returns, offering lower fees than Family Camp and the opportunity for campers to enjoy Echo Lake at their own pace.
Of course, people make up the heart and soul of camp, and some of your favorite BTC staff-- full of Camp Spirit -- will be there to greet you. And you—the campers—help keep the traditions, customs, and fun alive for generations of Berkeley campers to come.
Family Camp Registration
Family Camp Registration opens for Berkeley residents on Monday, November 9, 2015.
IMPORTANT! Our Recreation Offices have moved! Camps Registration will be held in new locations this season.
Day One of Camps Registration, Monday, November 9, 2015
James Kenney Recreation Center
1720 8th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
All Other Days of Camps Registration, beginning Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Willard Recreation Office
2701 Telegraph Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
City of Berkeley Recreation Offices will be closed on the following days:
Wednesday, November 11, 2015: Veterans Day
Friday, November 13, 2015: City of Berkeley VTO Day
Echo Lake Camp has a lot to offer in Summer 2016, including Fish Camp, Family Camp, Youth Residential Camp, Counselor-In-Training (CIT) programs, 50+ camp sessions, and more.
- City of Berkeley residents have the opportunity to register before non-residents beginning Monday, November 9, 2015, at 9:00 AM at .
- Non-resident registration begins Friday, November 16, 2015, at 9:00 AM.
- Note: The City of Berkeley Recreation Office will open at 8:30 AM, however, camps registration begins at 9:00 AM.
For more information about 2016 Family Camp Registration click the links below:
Registration for other Echo Lake Camp Programs, including Echo Lake 50+ Camp, Fish Camp, Youth Camp, and CIT Sessions will be held at a later date.Contact the City of Berkeley Recreation Office for availability and more information about these programs.
2016 BERKELEY RESIDENT PRIORITY REGISTRATION: November 9, 10, and 12, 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
2016 NON-BERKELEY RESIDENTS REGISTRATION BEGINS: November 16, 9:00 AM.
Priority Registration Policy
- Berkeley residents are required to show proof of residency with a current utility bill and photo ID.
- Proof of residency is required to receive the Berkeley resident rate.
- Walk-in registrations will be processed before registrations received via mail, fax, e-mail, or dropped off by a third party.
- Registrations received via mail, e-mail, fax, or dropped off by a third party will be processed in the order they are received, following completion of daily walk-in registrations.
- The registered Head of Household is financially responsible for all payments, change requests and cancelation requests for each registration.
- Registration payments will only be accepted from the registered Head of Household.
- A 25% deposit is required to hold each reservation.
- During priority registration, a Berkeley resident Head of Household may include non-resident campers in their tent, however non-resident rates apply.
- Non-Resident Head of Household registrations will not be accepted or processed until November 16, 2015.
Multiple Cabin Policy
- During priority registration, each adult (18+ years) Berkeley resident can reserve a maximum of two (2) cabins.
- A separate registration form must be used for each cabin, including the same Berkeley resident Head of Household account information on both forms.
- The registered Head of Household is responsible for all payments, change requests and cancelation requests for each cabin.
Family Camp Refund Policy
All refund, change, and cancelation requests must be made in writing and sent to the City Of Berkeley Recreation Office, 2701 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94705.
All requests for refund must be directed to the Recreation & Youth Services Manager. The original receipt must be submitted with a written request for refund. The request must state the reason for refund, date, time, and location of program.
Refund Policy: All refund requests are subject to a 25% administrative fee, not to exceed $150.00. Requests made less than 30 days prior to scheduled arrival are not eligible for a refund.
Changing Reservations: Changes resulting in a reduction of the reservation are subject to a $100 administrative service fee. No charges will be incurred for registration additions or extensions to your stay. Requests to reduce your stay or change your camp dates must be made at least 30 days prior to arrival date. Change requests made less than 30 days prior to arrival date are not eligible for a refund. Additions may be made less than 30 days in advance as space allows. Only the Head of Household may request a reservation change.
Cancelation policy: Cancelations are subject to a 25% administrative fee, not to exceed $150.00. Cancelation requests made less than 30 days prior to scheduled arrival are not eligible for refund. Cancelation requests due to medical emergency or illness must be submitted in writing, accompanied by a doctor’s note, and received no later than 30 days following the scheduled date of attendance.
Late Fee: Reservations with unpaid balances at close of business day Friday, May 1, 2016 are subject to a $75.00 late fee.