Online Service Center
Online Service Center

Report a Pothole

Please fill out this form to report a pothole. Submissions are reviewed by the 311 Customer Service Team, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. To ensure proper routing of a report or request for a non-pothole issue, please visit the Online Service Center Main Page or submit a General Request.

If reporting a police, fire, medical, or other emergency, please call 911 immediately. If reporting a Public Works emergency (e.g., sewer overflow, traffic signal outage, fallen trees, toxic spill, etc) please call 311.

Is this pothole on public or private property?


STOP. The City is not responsible for private property. Contact the property owner.

Surface type:
Sidewalk Repair

Sidewalk problems, such as those due to overgrowth of tree roots, are not considered potholes. You are advised to submit a General Service Request to ensure proper routing.

Freeway Off Ramp

Freeway on / off ramps for I-80 and Hwy. 13 are serviced by Caltrans, and not by the City of Berkeley. You are advised to contact Caltrans to report this pothole.

Describe location:
  Tell us exact the address or intersection if possible. Cross-streets / landmarks are also helpful for work crews.
Have a photo?
Have a photo? Reply to confirmation email, and attach it to help our work crew identify the pothole.
Other details:
  Anything else we should know so we can find the problem and fix this pothole?
Your email address:
Phone # (daytime or cell):
Name (first / last):
Home | Residents | Businesses | Visitors | Services | Elected Officials
Web Policy | Text-Only Site Map | Contact Us
City of Berkeley - Central Administrative Offices, 2180 Milvia St, Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 981-CITY/2489 or 311 from any landline in Berkeley
TTY: (510) 981-6903