Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
- To provide community-based comprehensive case management services that include frequent contacts with clients;
- To support clients to stabilize their housing and living situations, to access immediate services, and to develop social supports;
- To reduce unnecessary emergency room and hospital visits;
- To provide practical assistance such as housing resources, money management, vocational support, family advocacy and support, and transportation.
What We Do
- Case management, crisis assessment and intervention, symptom assessment and management, individual supportive therapy
- Services to ensure that clients obtain the basic necessities of daily life and to support activities of daily living
- Substance abuse recovery services
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Work-related services to help clients find and maintain employment
- Services to support social, interpersonal relationships and leisure-time skill training
- Education, support and consultation to client’s families and friends
Who We Serve
High need/high use residents of Berkeley or Albany, 18 or older, who are seriously and persistently disabled and have a history of multiple hospitalizations or incarcerations. Participation in this program is voluntary.
Language(s) Spoken: English, Spanish.
Fee: Sliding scale based on income. We accept medi-cal insurance
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Psychiatrists, Social Workers, Registered Nurse, Marriage and Family Therapists
Hours of Operation
ACT Team: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.