The City of Berkeley Aquatics Swim Program offers two swim centers in different areas of the city. Programs include Red Cross Learn to Swim classes, Berkeley Aquatic Masters Swim Team, Berkeley Barracudas Swim Team, Family Swim, Fitness Workout, Independent Exercise, Lap Swim, Senior Disabled Quiet Swim, Senior Exercise Class and Private Lessons. Much of the foregoing information is included for your convenience in the information noted below.
Exact cash or check only; no change given
Payment policy: Pool do not make or give change. Please pay exact admission fee using cash or check made payable to City of Berkeley. We do not accept credit or debit cards. Thank you. City of Berkeley Parks Rec & Waterfront Business Practices
Shower policy: Due to extreme drought conditions, showers are strictly limited to 3 minutes or less. Thank you for your cooperation!
King Pool Schedule
King Early Spring Schedule 4/2/16 - 5/8/16 King Late Spring Schedule 5/9/16 - 6/17/16 King Spring 2016 Learn to Swim
West Campus Schedule (Re-opens on May 9th)
West Campus Spring 2016 5/9/16 - 6/17/16
- Private swim lesson registration is now online! Reserve a 4-day session for Saturdays or Sundays, with a start time of 10:00am, 10:30am, 11:00am or 11:30am. The starting date is the weekend of April 2nd & 3rd. If you have any questions, please contact Victor Rivas at (510) 981-5151.
- Junior Lifeguarding Pre-course swim test will be held Saturday May 7th at King Pool at 2:30pm. Register and pay for class after successful completion of this test. (Please contact Audrey Cazden at email@example.com or (510) 981-5123 if you have any questions.) Pre-course swim test as follows:
1) Swim front crawl for 25 yards continuously while breathing on the front or the side. 2) Swim breast stroke for 25 yards using a pull, breathe, kick and glide sequence. 3)Tread water for 1 minute using the arms and legs. 4) Show a level of comfort on the back by floating on the back for 30 seconds OR swimming on the back for 25 yards using the elementary back stroke or back crawl. 5) Submerge and swim a distance of 10 feet underwater.
- NEW at King Pool: Starting on Monday February 8, 2016, the BAM 9:00-10:30 am workout on Mon/Wed/Fri will share the pool with Lap Swim.
- NEW CPO class dates for 2016:
CPO Class Dates 2016
King Pool & Shower Program:
West Campus is currently closed, and will re-open in Spring 2016.
More information below, including Shower Program: