The City of Berkeley Aquatics Swim Program offers two swim centers in different areas of the city. Programs include Red Cross Learn to Swim classes, Berkeley Aquatic Masters Swim Team, Berkeley Barracudas Swim Team, Family Swim, Fitness Workout, Independent Exercise, Lap Swim, Senior Disabled Quiet Swim, Senior Exercise Class and Private Lessons. Much of the foregoing information is included for your convenience in the information noted below.
Exact cash or check only; no change is given.
Payment policy: The pools do not make or give change. Please pay exact admission fee using cash or check made payable to City of Berkeley. We do not accept credit or debit cards.Thank you.
City of Berkeley Parks Rec & Waterfront Business Practices
Shower policy: Due to extreme drought, showers are strictly limited to 3 minutes or less. Thanks for your cooperation!
Registration: For online registration, click on link Online Registration
- Private lessons last day is Saturday November 19th. They will re-start in spring 2017.
- King Pool will be closed Saturday December 24th 2016 through Monday January 2nd 2017.* *The only exception is that King Pool will be open on Sunday January 1st 2017 for the special event Swim Into the New Year. There will be a workout for BAM and Barracudas from 8:30 to 10:30 am and Lap / Family Swim from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm. Cost is $7.00 exact cash or check for all participants, and no swim cards will be accepted.
- Shower Program will be closed for Xmas Holiday Sunday December 25th and Monday December 26th, and for New Year's Holiday on Sunday Jan 1st and Monday January 2nd.
- A Lifeguarding class is being offered from December 11 through December 17. Minimum age is 15 years old. Please see flyer listed under King pool grid below.
- The correct time for Family Swim on Saturdays is 12:00-1:30 pm, and Saturday Lap Swim 11:00-11:30 am is limited lanes. We regret any confusion the incorrect schedule may have caused..
- CPO Class Dates 2016
King Pool & Shower Program:
More information below, including Shower Program: