The City of Berkeley Aquatics Swim Program offers two swim centers in different areas of the city. Programs include Red Cross Learn to Swim classes, Berkeley Aquatics Masters Swim Team, Berkeley Barracudas Swim Team, Family Swim, Fitness Workout, Independent Exercise, Lap Swim, Senior Disabled Quiet Swim, Senior Exercise, and Private/Semi-private Lessons. Much of the foregoing information is included for your convenience in the information noted below.
- Last day of West Campus Fall 2014 operations is Friday September 26th.
- King Pool, Shower Program and City of Berkeley November 2014 holiday closures: Tuesday November 11th, Thursday November 27th and Friday November 28th.
- King Pool Swim Before you Feast special event, Thursday November 27th
- Effective Monday July 28th: pools will not make or give change. For more information, please click on link below:
- City of Berkeley Parks Recreation and Waterfront Business Practices
- Barracudas Beginners Closed
1700 Hopkins Street
Berkeley, CA 94707
(510) 981-5105 / 981-5151
Note: new phone number
West Campus Pool
2100 Browning Street
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510) 981-5125 / 981-5151
Pool closed for 2014.
We accept exact change and checks as payment at the Pools. Credit cards are ONLY accepted at the Recreation Office at 1947 Center Street, 1st floor.
Scholarships are available provided applicant meets eligibility and verification requirements. You must submit an application and documentation at the time of registration. Scholarship applications can be obtained at any of the Community Centers or at Recreation Administration, and on the website.
All requests for refunds must be directed to the Recreation & Youth Services Manager, Recreation Division, 1947 Center Street, First Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704. The original receipt must be submitted with a written request for a refund. The request must state the reason for the refund, and the date, time and location of the program. The Recreation and Youth Services Manager will render a decision to either: 1) refund the fee; 2) pro-rate the fee; 3) apply the fees to another session or program; or 4) deny the request.
No refunds or credit will be granted without 7 days notice prior to start of class or date of reservation. The City will deduct 25% of the amount paid from the refund to cover administration expenses or will add a minimum $10.00 service charge.