The City of Berkeley Aquatics Swim Program offers two swim centers in different areas of the city. Programs include Red Cross Learn to Swim classes, Berkeley Aquatics Masters Swim Team, Berkeley Barracudas Swim Team, Family Swim, Fitness Workout, Independent Exercise, Lap Swim, Senior Disabled Quiet Swim, Senior Exercise, and Private/Semi-private Lessons. Much of the foregoing information is included for your convenience in the information noted below.
- Last day of King private lessons are Sunday December 14, 2014. Private lessons will resume in spring 2015.
- Family Swim policies have changed as of December 5, 2014. For more information, please click on link below:
Family Swim Policies
- King Pool holiday closure dates for December 2014 and January 2015 are as follows: Wednesday December 24, 2014 through Thursday January 1, 2015 and Monday January 19, 2015. The only exception is that the pool will be open on Thursday January 1, 2015 for the Swim Into the New Year special event. For more information, please click on the link below:
King Pool Dec 2014 and Jan 2015 Holiday Closures
- Swim Into the New Year special event schedule is as follows: 8:30 to 10:30 am BAM and Barracudas only and 10:30 am to 12:00 pm Family and Lap Swim. For more information, please click on the link below:
Swim Into the New Year
- Shower Program weekday evening program time will be 6:00 to 7:00pm, effective Monday November 24th. For more information, please click on link below:
Shower Program Schedule Change
1700 Hopkins Street
Berkeley, CA 94707
(510) 981-5105 / 981-5151
Note: new phone number
West Campus Pool
2100 Browning Street
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510) 981-5125 / 981-5151
Pool closed for 2014.
We accept exact change and checks as payment at the Pools. Credit cards are ONLY accepted at the Recreation Office at 1947 Center Street, 1st floor.
Scholarships are available provided applicant meets eligibility and verification requirements. You must submit an application and documentation at the time of registration. Scholarship applications can be obtained at any of the Community Centers or at Recreation Administration, and on the website.
All requests for refunds must be directed to the Recreation & Youth Services Manager, Recreation Division, 1947 Center Street, First Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704. The original receipt must be submitted with a written request for a refund. The request must state the reason for the refund, and the date, time and location of the program. The Recreation and Youth Services Manager will render a decision to either: 1) refund the fee; 2) pro-rate the fee; 3) apply the fees to another session or program; or 4) deny the request.
No refunds or credit will be granted without 7 days notice prior to start of class or date of reservation. The City will deduct 25% of the amount paid from the refund to cover administration expenses or will add a minimum $10.00 service charge.