RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
OUTREACH COMMITTEE MEETING
Friday, September 21, 2012
2001 Center Street, Law Library, 2nd Floor
1. Roll call
2. Approval of agenda
3. Approval of the April 27, 2012 and June 29, 2012 meeting minutes
4. Public Comment
5. Discussion and possible action regarding the current Outreach Work Plan
6. Update on the plan for implementing social media outreach, improving Rent Stabilization Board Web site, and improving outreach through the Web (Chanée Franklin/Patty Thomas)
7. Discussion on development of outreach to tenants on renter’s earthquake insurance, the emergency supply cache program, and community service response team trainings (consider the office of energy & sustainable development’s request to combine outreach efforts).
8. Improving outreach to tenants in foreclosed properties or properties that are transferring ownership (eviction protections, where to pay rent and to whom, etc.)
9. Staff report on current outreach activities and proposals:
a. Rental Housing Safety Program Outreach with Rent Board Interns (Moni Law)
b. Foreclosure outreach with Rent Board Interns (Moni Law)
c. National Night Out in August
d. Saturday Counseling at Library Update (Moni Law)
e. Strawberry Creek Seniors Outreach
f. Cal Outreach for Returning Students: Calapalooza on August 23rd
g. Upcoming Rent Board Workshops: September 11 (Owning Rental Property in Berkeley) and November 13 (Tenants’ Rights)
10. Items for future discussion and setting next meeting date
Nick Traylor (510) 981-4901
Pam Webster (Chair)
COMMUNICATION ACCESS INFORMATION:
This meeting is being held in a wheelchair-accessible location.
To request disability-related accommodation(s) to participate in the meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact Aimee Mueller at 981-4932 or 981-6903 (TDD) at least three business days before the meeting date.
Please refrain from wearing scented products to this meeting.