Click on the linked agenda item titles below for background materials/reports. Adopted Resolutions and Ordinances (second reading) are available via Records Online (http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/ContentDisplay.aspx?id=4222) as soon as they are finalized.
*To read PDF files, download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you are unable to access .pdf documents online, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), telephone (510) 981-6900, or TDD (510) 981-6903 so that we can provide an alternate format.
BERKELEY CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
Tuesday, November 18, 2003 – 5:00 p.m.
Council Chambers - 2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Teleconference Location – 1636 Channing Way, Berkeley, CA
The City Council may take action related to any subject listed on the Agenda.
This meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Brown Act, Government Code Section 54953, Teleconferencing. Any member of the public may attend this meeting at either the Council Chambers or at the teleconference location. Questions regarding this matter may be addressed to Sherry M. Kelly, City Clerk, 981-6900.
1. Roll Call
From: City Manager
Report describing the contents of existing agreements with City labor unions and unrepresented employees with respect to wages and benefits.
Contact: Phil Kamlarz, City Manager, 981-7000
3. Public Comment: (A total of 10 minutes is scheduled. Each speaker is limited to a maximum of 2 minutes).
4. Adjourn to Closed Session
5. Conference With Labor Negotiator Pursuant To Government Code Section 54957.6:
a. City Negotiators:
1. Phil Kamlarz, Acting City Manager
2. Lisa Caronna, Acting Deputy City Manager
3. Paul Navazio, Budget Manager
4. Nicki Spillane, Acting Human Resources Director
5. David Hodgkins, Employee Relations Officer
6. Margarita Zamora, Senior Human Resources Analyst
1. SEIU Local 790, SEIU Local 535, Local One, Part-Time Recreation
Leaders Association/SEIU Local 535, IBEW Local 1245
2. Berkeley Fire Fighters Association Local 1227 I.A.F.F.
3. Berkeley Police Association
4. All Unrepresented Employees
1. Barbara Gilbert and Viki Tamaradze, Berkeley Budget Oversight Committee (2)