(Opens in a new window)
To read PDF files, download
BERKELEY CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL CLOSED MEETING
Monday, May 9, 2005
6th Floor Conference
Room, 2180 Milvia Street
Teleconferencing Location – 1636 Channing Way, Berkeley, CA
The City Council may take action related to any subject listed on the Agenda.
This meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Brown Act, Government Code Section 54953, Teleconferencing. Any member of the public may attend this meeting at either 2180 Milvia Street or at the teleconferencing location. Questions regarding this matter may be addressed to Sara T. Cox, City Clerk, 981-6900.
Public Comment: (A total of 20 minutes is
scheduled. Each speaker is limited to a
maximum of 2 minutes).
The City Council will recess to closed session to discuss each of the following matters, not necessarily in the order listed below:
1. Conference with Labor Negotiator Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6:
1. SEIU Local 790, SEIU Local 535, Part-time Recreation Leaders Association/ SEIU Local 535, Public Employees Union Local 1, IBEW Local 1245
2. Unrepresented Employees Units Z-1, Z-2, and Z-3
3. Berkeley Fire Fighters Association Local 1227 I.A.F.F.
4. Berkeley Police Association
b. City Negotiators
1. Philip Kamlarz, City Manager
2. Lisa Caronna, Deputy City Manager
3. Tracy Vesely, Budget Manager
4. David Hodgkins, Acting Director of Human Resources
5. Margarita Zamora, Senior Human Resources Analyst
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL-- ANTICIPATED LITIGATION PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54956.9 (c)
Initiation of litigation:
1. The Berkeley City Council will consider whether to initiate litigation against Maarten Kalway and Mary Kalway to cancel the conveyance of APN 55-1862-52 from Maarten Kalway to Mary Kalway, and to enforce the Subdivision Map Act with respect to the merger of that parcel with APN 055-1862-32.