(Opens in a new window)
To read PDF files, download
BERKELEY CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL CLOSED MEETING
Monday, May 9, 2005
Roll Call: 4:00 p.m.
Present: Councilmembers Anderson, Capitelli, Maio, Olds, Spring, Worthington, Wozniak, and Mayor Bates.
Absent: Councilmember Moore.
Public Comment: No speakers.
The City Council recessed to closed session to discuss each of the following matters, not necessarily in the order listed below:
1. Conference with Labor Negotiator Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6:
1. SEIU Local 790, SEIU Local 535, Part-time Recreation Leaders Association/ SEIU Local 535, Public Employees Union Local 1, IBEW Local 1245
2. Unrepresented Employees Units Z-1, Z-2, and Z-3
3. Berkeley Fire Fighters Association Local 1227 I.A.F.F.
4. Berkeley Police Association
b. City Negotiators
1. Philip Kamlarz, City Manager
2. Lisa Caronna, Deputy City Manager
3. Tracy Vesely, Budget Manager
4. David Hodgkins, Acting Director of Human Resources
5. Margarita Zamora, Senior Human Resources Analyst
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL-- ANTICIPATED LITIGATION PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54956.9 (c)
Initiation of litigation:
1. The Berkeley City Council will consider whether to initiate litigation against Maarten Kalway and Mary Kalway to cancel the conveyance of APN 055-1862-52 from Maarten Kalway to Mary Kalway, and to enforce the Subdivision Map Act with respect to the merger of that parcel with APN 055-1862-32.
Report from Closed Session: Moved, seconded, carried (Worthington/Maio; Absent – Moore) a motion authorizing the City Attorney to initiate litigation against Maarten Kalway and Mary Kalway to cancel the conveyance of APN 55-1862-52 from Maarten Kalway to Mary Kalway, and to enforce the Subdivision Map Act with respect to the merger of that parcel with APN 055-1862-32.
Adjourned at 4:26 p.m.