(Opens in a new window)
To read PDF files, download
BERKELEY CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL CLOSED MEETING
monday, july 17, 2006
6th Floor Conference
Room, 2180 Milvia Street
Teleconference Locations 1636 Channing Way, Berkeley, CA
The City Council may take action related to any subject listed on the Agenda.
This meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Brown Act, Government Code Section 54953, Teleconferencing. Any member of the public may attend this meeting at either the Council Chambers or at the teleconference location. Questions regarding this matter may be addressed to City Clerk Department, 981-6900.
Public Comment: (A total of 20 minutes is
scheduled. Each speaker is limited to a
maximum of 2 minutes. Comments are
limited to items listed on this special meeting agenda).
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54957.6:
Unions: Berkeley Fire Fighters Association Local 1227 I.A.F.F.
City Negotiators: Philip Kamlarz, City Manager
Lisa Caronna, Deputy City Manager
Tracy Vesely, Budget Manager
Debra Pryor, Fire Chief
David Orth, Deputy Fire Chief
David Hodgkins, Director of Human Resources
Margarita Zamora, Senior Human Resources Analyst
Robert Kraus, Senior Human Resources Analyst
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - EXISTING LITIGATION PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54956.9(a):
1. Carl Friberg, et. al v. Tom Bates, et.al,, Alameda County Superior Court number No. RG 05 230715
2. Arntz Builders v. City of Berkeley, et.al. Alameda County Superior Court No. BG 03 095394 and consolidated cases
3. Eugene Evans v. City of Berkeley- United States Supreme Court
(Petition served Tuesday July 17, 2006, no docket number known as of agenda preparation).