Monday, March 19, 2007
1. Roll Call – 2:p.m. (Wozniak/Bates; absent - Maio)
2. Public Comment - none
Approval of Minutes of the Meeting of March
12, 2007 (PDF, 21 KB).
M/S Wozniak/Bates (absent – Maio).
Maio noted present.
4. Review and Action on Draft Agenda for March 27, 2007:
7:00 p.m. City
Council – M/S/C (Maio/Wozniak)
approved with changes:
Item #1 Gilman Fields Project – amended to reflect action recommended
(2) Item #5 added request from Councilmember Capitelli for clarification of proposal to change inclusionary requirements for project located in the MUR District
(3) Item #6 added – report on Summer Youth Employment to Budget discussion
(4) Added (Consent)/Wozniak – Thermal Imaging Cameras
(5) Added (Consent)/Worthington – Safe Climate Act/Cesar Chavez Day as national holiday/Martin Luther King national memorial (amended)/Tibetan Cultural Center (amended)
(6) Added (Consent)/Bates/Anderson/Worthington – 2006 Regional Transportation Improvement Program (Ed Roberts Campus)
(7) Added (Consent)/Maio – Diwali lights on University Avenue (budget process)
(8) Added (Action)/Capitelli – Leno legislation (previously scheduled on 3/13 and continued to 4/24)
Review and Action on Scheduling of Calendar, Public Hearings,
Presentations and Work Session topics:
Closed Session: March
Berkeley: Fiscal Sponsor
Community Energy Services Corporation (CESC)
Use Matters (PDF, 8 KB)
– Mayor Bates recommended that land use hearings be scheduled
on a separate date to accommodate lengthy hearings
Kamlarz referred to upcoming work sessions and dates.
Mayor Bates stated that he and the City Manager and City Clerk
would discuss the agenda process and submit recommendations to manage
Adjournment – M/S (Wozniak/Maio)
– adjourned at 2:54 p.m.