Subscribe to this page to receive e-mail notification when new information is posted
Zoning Adjustments Board
The Zoning Adjustments Board (Per BMC Section 23B.04.020.B) shall have power to:
- Grant, deny, add conditions of approval or modify applications for Use Permits and Variances;
- Hear appeals of decisions to the Zoning Officer with respect to Administrative Use Permits and other matters, as authorized by the Zoning Ordinance;
- Review, modify or revoke previously issued Use Permits and Variances;
- Undertake other proceedings to enforce the Zoning Ordinance, including abatement of public nuisances;
- Refer matters within its jurisdiction to a mediation or conflict resolution service, as set forth herein, prior to final action on them;
- Upon request, make recommendations on other matters brought to its attention by the Council, the Planning Commission or any other City Board or Commission; and
- Adopt written regulations not inconsistent with the Zoning Ordinance for the administration of future Zoning. Such regulations shall be available to the public.
2016 Meeting Schedule:
Unless otherwise noted, all meetings start at 7:00pm, and are held at 2134 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way, 2nd floor Council Chambers.
Agendas & Minutes are presented in PDF format. To view PDF files, download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Please see the Live Webcast Page for a current schedule of upcoming meetings that you may watch, LIVE, in your web browser.
Agendas and Minutes 2000-2015: Previous Years
Communications to Berkeley boards, commissions or committees are public record and will become part of the City’s electronic records, which are accessible through the City’s website. Please note: e-mail addresses, names, addresses, and other contact information are not required, but if included in any communication to a City board, commission or committee, will become part of the public record. If you do not want your e-mail address or any other contact information to be made public, you may deliver communications via U.S. Postal Service or in person to the secretary of the relevant board, commission or committee. If you do not want your contact information included in the public record, please do not include that information in your communication. Please contact the secretary to the relevant board, commission or committee for further information.
The Secretary of the commission is responsible for relaying all communications from the public to the members of the commission. The Secretary’s contact information is listed below.
Zoning Adjustment Board Secretary
Land Use Planning
Zoning Adjustments Board
Land Use Planning Division
2120 Milvia Street
Berkeley, CA 94704
BMC Chapter 23B.04
Citizen's Guide to the Zoning Adjustments Board
Fair Procedures (Ex Parte) in Land Use Quasi-Judicial Public Hearings - Resolution No. 62,571-N.S. (PDF, 417 KB)
Back to Top